What did you learn today? Part II

The Credit Union said that sometimes the thieves have the item sent to the cardholder's address overnight so that they can snatch it off the victim's porch when it's left there. However, our thief must not have realized that a computer delivery had to be signed for. If we hadn't been home, the FedEx guy would NOT leave it on the porch. As it was, we were home and signed for it, so the thief had no way to get it.
Thank goodness it wasn't a smart thief and gotten away with this . This really sucks that it happen , did you happen to notice any unusual car parked near your house when the computer was deliver ?

I learn that honesty paid . I went to Kmart last week to return something and I found a lamp in a shopping cart so I brought the lamp inside thinking the person would come back for their lamp. It turned out the lamp was from another store and it not in my city. I asked the woman at the service desk what will they do with the lamp if no one showed up , it would had been throwed away . So I left my name and phone number and I had message from an unknown person today saying I could pick up the lamp if I wanted it. So I now have a new lamp that shaped like a seahorse and with shells on it too. It was a $30 lamp that someone left behind in their shopping cart . It has no lamp shade so I am thinking the person went to K mart to buy one and got other stuff and forget to put their lamp in the car too. :( Oh I did try to made sure the person got it back. I don't know how people can live with their self stealing from other people.

Argh! That's no fun, Reba. Is it possible someone took a look at your hubby's credit card info letter from the mailbox? About 8 years ago, I had to deal with it twice before I set it to paperless. Some punk used a check at the store. It was over $4,000. Had to call the credit company and filed a report and sent it to the police department. They never caught guy.
None of our charge card info goes by snail mail, and we never leave mail in the box overnight. We shred all financial paperwork. So, don't know. :dunno:

Thank goodness it wasn't a smart thief and gotten away with this . This really sucks that it happen , did you happen to notice any unusual car parked near your house when the computer was deliver ? ....
No unusual cars or people around.

None of our charge card info goes by snail mail, and we never leave mail in the box overnight. We shred all financial paperwork. So, don't know. :dunno:

Unless it was a USPS employee. Hmm.. I hope they catch the thief.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/5-ways-thieves-steal-credit-card-data-2.aspx

there been warning in my state about being careful when buying gas or using the ATM , people are putting a device onto the machine to steal your info.

Which is why I use credit cards at the gas pump. With debit cards you're SOL in getting the money back.

I never use one of my credit cards at ATMs or gas stations but the card still got compromised when some dingaling tried to put through 4 charges purchasing clothing and stuff from a UK site. They cleared the charges but I still got stuck with the foreign fees :mad2: :pissed:

This thief made the mistake of including TCS's phone number on the order. That meant, delivery notifications came by text message to TCS. TCS was notified that the item was coming by FedEx, on Wednesday, by 8 p.m., and would require a signature. So, we were waiting and watching for a mystery item, which turned out to be the laptop, and we saw the FedEx truck as soon as it appeared on our street.

This thief made the mistake of including TCS's phone number on the order. That meant, delivery notifications came by text message to TCS. TCS was notified that the item was coming by FedEx, on Wednesday, by 8 p.m., and would require a signature. So, we were waiting and watching for a mystery item, which turned out to be the laptop, and we saw the FedEx truck as soon as it appeared on our street.
Sounds like TCS ordered a laptop then thought better of it - "Reba'a going to kill me!" :giggle:

I don't know what to think. It had occurred to me that so many things require the entry of such long strings of numbers that someone in a hurry had made an error they didn't catch and it happened to connect to TCS's info. I wonder if Dell is going to hear from someone wondering where their laptop is?

I don't know what to think. It had occurred to me that so many things require the entry of such long strings of numbers that someone in a hurry had made an error they didn't catch and it happened to connect to TCS's info. I wonder if Dell is going to hear from someone wondering where their laptop is?
We've never ordered anything from Dell, so we have no account on file with them.

Maybe but as Reba noted... no account at Dell... and still doesn't explain how the thief has TCS's cell number unless they actually went all out and googled it somehow (most don't-- they just use card and use their own phone number).

Sounds like TCS ordered a laptop then thought better of it - "Reba'a going to kill me!" :giggle:
Ha, ha. :lol:

We are an HP and Mac family--no Dell computers. The only Dell product we have is a Dell laser printer that was a gift from my brother.

I learned that speech recognition for hearing people will be used more in the future. Programs similar to Siri.

Crazy times and make people lazy to type lol

I had a Dell computer and didn't like it , I got it a gift card from Verizon when I first signed up with them and use it to buy a new computer. I have a HP now.

All 3 of my computers are Dell... and I love them.

HPs are good also.

Reba- have you guys seen anything about a new OS for Mac yet? Dad said he heard something about it(I've forgotten the name)...and he isn't thrilled. Loves his Mac but hates what the new OSes does- messes things up.

I learned that speech recognition for hearing people will be used more in the future. Programs similar to Siri.

Crazy times and make people lazy to type lol

well think of this way... when computers first came out... people probably said "crazy times and make people lazy to write".

;)

And it turned true considering so many schools have dropped learning cursive writing in the curriculum.

HPs are good also.
I'm not opposed to Dell; we're just satisfied with what we have. :)

Reba- have you guys seen anything about a new OS for Mac yet? Dad said he heard something about it(I've forgotten the name)...and he isn't thrilled. Loves his Mac but hates what the new OSes does- messes things up.[/QUOTE]
I have El Capitan (10.11.6). I'm not in any hurry to upgrade. What does your dad have now?

HPs are good also.

Reba- have you guys seen anything about a new OS for Mac yet? Dad said he heard something about it(I've forgotten the name)...and he isn't thrilled. Loves his Mac but hates what the new OSes does- messes things up.

Cool, I prefer to build the PC desktop on my own and for laptop, I prefer Mac if I don't travel often, or gaming PC laptop if I have to travel a lot.

Please, no sword fighting. :lol:

Back