what did you learn the hard way?

Learnt the hard way not to be stupid like the film actors would do random things.
Don't try stubbing a ciggie into your hand. I did it twice, when I was drunk and I was only 19.

Learnt the hard way not to be stupid like the film actors would do random things.
Don't try stubbing a ciggie into your hand. I did it twice, when I was drunk and I was only 19.

Had a brother stub his cigarette out on my leg and he and I were both sober. He did not believe me when I said my leg was totally numb. I never felt it and now I have a nice scar. The docs are always amazed when they see it.

I learned to put the cap back on a syringe after giving an injection to the cat. I pricked my own finger !!! :lol:

That the vast majority of people who claim not to hate another, and to love everyone, very rarely behave in ways that would back up their claims.

Being cool isn't all that it is made out to be. In fact, it's overrated.

Those that strive to be cool in another's view generally just haven't figured out who they really are yet.;)

At the age of 8 discovered that a cardboard box/imaginary 'car' with no wheels, doesn't have brakes either. Well, the box came to a stop, but I didn't - sliding face first down a very steep driveway. Fortunately no scars, but I had scab from forehead to chin for a month.

Wow. You are SO lucky that the worst that happened to you was a painful hand! A boy I knew in high school blew up a little cherry bomb. It exploded right in his hand, near his face as he was bending over to look at it. He lost two fingers and unfortunately, the sight of both eyes, as well as scarring his face for life. He was 17 years old at the time.

I am glad it was not a cherry bomb that when off in my hand and only a small
firecracker and that my hand was not near my face! But it sure did hurt like HELL!!

I am glad it was not a cherry bomb that when off in my hand and only a small
firecracker and that my hand was not near my face! But it sure did hurt like HELL!!

Yeah, been there. Amazing how powerful these things are. I let go of a firecracker and it blew up millimeters away from my hand and that numbed my entire palm/fingers.

I am learning about Ego
and yes, one of the initial lessons involving that was learned the hard way....

I am still learning to "hold my tongue" (fingers) when reading some of the threads here.

I learned I'm not good at estimating portion sizes when I go out to eat. My blood sugar is too high right now.

I am still learning to "hold my tongue" (fingers) when reading some of the threads here.

definitely have this problem most of the time.

Mine I learned at 7, don't fall asleep on a tree branch. I now have scar tissue in my left leg and a slight limp.

Wirelessly posted

I learned to make the best out of life regardless how other people feel about me.

Well - I learned to never let hubby have control of his own debit card. I had forgotten to mention that.

Isn't it supposed to be never let wives have control of the debit card? :D

Nah, men like to spend money too...and on more expensive items (electronics, cars, etc). :shock:

Notice I said "spend money"...didn't say they like to shop.

Back