What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New phone? Hopefully you got the Samsung Galaxy S II. I hear it is on par with iPhone 4.

No. I got an LG Optimus. It was in my price range and I have Virgin Mobile, which plan is only $25 a month. Then I added a lot of memory today. It has a really good rating by PCMag, and will do everything I need.

I am practicing swype technology tonight. It's a little challenging with my central vision problems, but my family is working to read what I come up with. :lol:

exactly why I'm coughing up a little more $$$ for coverage.

Sprint has unlimited data plan but Verizon has 2gb limit. and that's of no concern to me since I doubt I'm gonna reach anywhere close to 2gb limit in a month. coverage's more important than data limit.

I have UNLIMITED data plan with Verizon. I got grandfathered in before the cut-off. I can surf for forever and it won't cost me a dime extra. :cool2: Plus now you can call me, for free, to my cell phone of course. :P

In NY/NJ, you should be in free wifi central in the metropolitan areas so just slide the slider over to wifi and let it search for access points. ;)

I have UNLIMITED data plan with Verizon. I got grandfathered in before the cut-off. I can surf for forever and it won't cost me a dime extra. :cool2: Plus now you can call me, for free, to my cell phone of course. :P

In NY/NJ, you should be in free wifi central in the metropolitan areas so just slide the slider over to wifi and let it search for access points. ;)

lol wardriving? I rather not for security reason.

lol wardriving? I rather not for security reason.

I'm told it's rather difficult to get into iOS. But then again it would be a matter of time before someone is able to hack the code.

I read that Android was cracked in no time flat.

Well, maybe do it at places where you feel relatively 'safe' with your phone on wifi.

Around here, we don't have any serious hackers. Maybe some technology geeks, but nothing serious that I am aware of. Everyone is either too poor to obtain the needed items to do stuff like that or they are too busy working multiple jobs to make ends meet to have the time to do it. Besides, I live in a very rural area. Not a lot of wifi around here.

I'm told it's rather difficult to get into iOS. But then again it would be a matter of time before someone is able to hack the code.

I read that Android was cracked in no time flat.

Well, maybe do it at places where you feel relatively 'safe' with your phone on wifi.

Around here, we don't have any serious hackers. Maybe some technology geeks, but nothing serious that I am aware of. Everyone is either too poor to obtain the needed items to do stuff like that or they are too busy working multiple jobs to make ends meet to have the time to do it. Besides, I live in a very rural area. Not a lot of wifi around here.

lol as long as there's Verizon connection, wifi's of no concern to me. I doubt I need wifi for something I need to do when I'm out there.

lol as long as there's Verizon connection, wifi's of no concern to me. I doubt I need wifi for something I need to do when I'm out

Maybe checking your email for that all-important incoming email that you anticipate (hypothetically, of course).

I have my phone connected to my gmail account. Works like a charm.

I am exciting tomorrow I am love my grandparents,lots of my support, I exciting food thanksgiving, for lots of really fun! my grandparents told me my father okay fine better well!
solve I knew i love my father lots :) I do best try successfully goal best :)

Maybe checking your email for that all-important incoming email that you anticipate (hypothetically, of course).

I have my phone connected to my gmail account. Works like a charm.

yea as long as I've got Verizon coverage... all is peachy. That's why I'm paying extra for that peace of mind.

I am exciting tomorrow I am love my grandparents,lots of my support, I exciting food thanksgiving, for lots of really fun! my grandparents told me my father okay fine better well!
solve I knew i love my father lots :) I do best try successfully goal best :)

I'm glad your father is doing well. Have a fun Thanksgiving! :wave:

I love Thanksgivin'! Dem dang biscuits are yummy.

I went fo' a lil cruise tuhday. I drove by this house b/c a man was murdered by his cousin fer his guns last yr not to far from my house. :crazy: Beautiful weather and nice fall.

I watched both of Game 5s. I really dislike very high pay-roll teams like Phillies and Yankees who are eliminated from postseason. :lol: Couldnt have been better how the Yankees ended their season. A-Rod struck out swingin'! :laugh2: (His 3rd K of the game)

Last edited:
I just offloaded a bunch of useless files and programs on my laptop. Mostly stuff like AIM and Yahoo that I don't use and even got rid of my Lexmark toolbar for IE (not that I ever use it, but still, one less thing bogging my laptop down). I've noticed a difference in the performance, it has improved. I'm thinking one of these programs was running in the background constantly without my knowledge so now that it is uninstalled, my computer is now using that space to perform useful tasks such as syncing my iPhone.

So far so good. Hopefully when I reboot this thing for final uninstallation, I will see a faster start-up time.

I just offloaded a bunch of useless files and programs on my laptop. Mostly stuff like AIM and Yahoo that I don't use and even got rid of my Lexmark toolbar for IE (not that I ever use it, but still, one less thing bogging my laptop down). I've noticed a difference in the performance, it has improved. I'm thinking one of these programs was running in the background constantly without my knowledge so now that it is uninstalled, my computer is now using that space to perform useful tasks such as syncing my iPhone.

So far so good. Hopefully when I reboot this thing for final uninstallation, I will see a faster start-up time.

That's why I like to format my computer's hard drive and reload windows once in a while.. Gets rid of all junk and start fresh.

That's why I like to format my computer's hard drive and reload windows once in a while.. Gets rid of all junk and start fresh.

Doesn't that require you to back up your files to an external hard drive each time you do this?

Doesn't that require you to back up your files to an external hard drive each time you do this?

I just save the files I don't want to lose.. I just copy the folder with all files under my account name to 2nd hard drive..

Format and reload windows. After I set up an account with my name, I just replace the folder windows made with one I saved before I formated and everything is back way it was without all the crap.

I just save the files I don't want to lose.. I just copy the folder with all files under my account name to 2nd hard drive..

Format and reload windows. After I set up an account with my name, I just replace the folder windows made with one I saved before I formated and everything is back way it was without all the crap.

I have too many files I want to keep, I doubt this would work for me. Plus having to set up windows again and again gets old. I just defrag mine once every couple of month even though everyone says I should do it monthly. I have a program called CCleaner that goes through and sweeps files and folders that I don't use and gets rid of the ones I mark to get rid of. I use the Uninstall to get rid of programs I no longer need and I use the recycle bin to get rid of desktop icons I don't want or don't use.

I went to Deaf Church this morning and just finished posting all the notes to the church's FB page.

Last edited:
Yesterday, worked 16 hours, today worked 8 hours...got off at 3 today and went to pick my son up. Then, did some cleaning around here and now relaxing. Tmw, I am off from my teaching job so it should be nice.

exactly why I'm coughing up a little more $$$ for coverage.

Sprint has unlimited data plan but Verizon has 2gb limit. and that's of no concern to me since I doubt I'm gonna reach anywhere close to 2gb limit in a month. coverage's more important than data limit.

Yes, but Sprint will follow suit by capping the limit eventually anyway. I am with AT&T...yes, I am grandfathered with unlimited data.

Finished my last outdoor art fair of the year. I've had a lot of crummy shows this year - but this weekend went very well and I finally have a bit more padding in my bank account. Happy me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back