What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crabbing off the dock. The big Blue Crabs are running. My boys are still back out there (early release from school)....got a large pot of hot water and crab boil on the stove....we're gonna have crabs for dinner....Still haven't found our Shrimp net...so I'm gonna buy another one. We could only find one tackle box, and I had several...Gonna get me a new Rod and Reel also this weekend, and not let anybody use it. Kids are pretty rough on fishing/shrimping equipment, and it's not all that cheap!

When you go back to see her, ask the nurse for a copy of her meds sheet and make sure it's accurate. (been there, done that w/my hubby).

We got smart and I already photo-copied her list of meds that she keeps in her purse. I called the doctor's office to verify the dosages and names of meds and I took that to the nursing home with us. I then called the doctor's office while I was there to have him confirm with the home about her meds since it was MIL taking too many muscle relaxers to being with that started all of this.

Crabbing off the dock. The big Blue Crabs are running. My boys are still back out there (early release from school)....got a large pot of hot water and crab boil on the stove....we're gonna have crabs for dinner....Still haven't found our Shrimp net...so I'm gonna buy another one. We could only find one tackle box, and I had several...Gonna get me a new Rod and Reel also this weekend, and not let anybody use it. Kids are pretty rough on fishing/shrimping equipment, and it's not all that cheap!

Got a question. Do you use only saltwater rods and reels or can you also use some freshwater ones as well? The reason I ask, hubby has a bunch in the garage that he and his dad used and he is planning on getting rid of them. Hubby can't go out on saltwater anymore and he doesn't believe in fishing without a boat. (stupid man!) Let me know in a PM and I'll see about getting some up to you.

Where do you go crabbing? When my parents had a vacation home in VA Beach, we'd go crabbing on the VA beach pier a bit south of the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay.

We got smart and I already photo-copied her list of meds that she keeps in her purse. I called the doctor's office to verify the dosages and names of meds and I took that to the nursing home with us. I then called the doctor's office while I was there to have him confirm with the home about her meds since it was MIL taking too many muscle relaxers to being with that started all of this.

You're really staying on top of this! Hope everything continues to go well with this! :)

Booked the airfare home for our trip in November. We're the first ones booked for both legs of the trip (per the seating chart). Paid a bit extra to be able to select our seats now as I like a window seat near the front of the wing so I have a good view (and get a neckache). Just need to book the shuttle to the train station and from the airport and I'll have all bookings taken care of.

Got a question. Do you use only saltwater rods and reels or can you also use some freshwater ones as well? The reason I ask, hubby has a bunch in the garage that he and his dad used and he is planning on getting rid of them. Hubby can't go out on saltwater anymore and he doesn't believe in fishing without a boat. (stupid man!) Let me know in a PM and I'll see about getting some up to you.

Just came back in from the dock....will PM ya.

Where do you go crabbing? When my parents had a vacation home in VA Beach, we'd go crabbing on the VA beach pier a bit south of the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay.

We go crabbing/fishing/shrimping right off the dock. I moved on the River last month. It's the Cedar River (tributary of the St. Johns). The big Blue Ones are running...good time for crabbing.

BTW, I also lived in Newport News, went to school in VA Beach for awhile, "got lost" in Portsmouth and liked Norfolk very much.....Is that underwater tunnel still there??...The slogan, "Virginia is for Lovers"...Virginia is one of my favorite states.

We go crabbing/fishing/shrimping right off the dock. I moved on the River last month. It's the Cedar River (tributary of the St. Johns). The big Blue Ones are running...good time for crabbing.

BTW, I also lived in Newport News, went to school in VA Beach for awhile, "got lost" in Portsmouth and liked Norfolk very much.....Is that underwater tunnel still there??...The slogan, "Virginia is for Lovers"...Virginia is one of my favorite states.

I haven't been there in many years but i'm sure that tunnel is still there.

Went to work and then rode my bike around my neighborhood ..had trouble with the hills. Been a while since I rode a bike outside.

Took my honey out for dinner at the restaurant at the Mt. Vernon estate, to celebrate his birthday. Very, very good, colonial-style food, starting with peanut and water chestnut soup, then tips of beef tenderloin, ending with warm apple cobbler. Could not have been better!

So happy birthday, sweetie, and many, many more!

Worked at the chicken houses, worked with the dog, worked on a graphic for my church that's due on Friday, and got cussed out and told I wasn't good enough by my own father all in one day.

And it was going so smoothly until around 8:30. After that, all downhill like a Hiroshima bomb.

Took my honey out for dinner at the restaurant at the Mt. Vernon estate, to celebrate his birthday. Very, very good, colonial-style food, starting with peanut and water chestnut soup, then tips of beef tenderloin, ending with warm apple cobbler. Could not have been better!

So happy birthday, sweetie, and many, many more!

I remember what my dad had to say about the lawn there: Washington had to mow all that grass.

Hmm. I doubt that. How many slaves did he have? Quite a few, if memory serves. I doubt Washington was out there doing much hand-mowing! He did take a keen interest in the agriculture, of course.

Beautiful place though, and a lovely drive along the river to get down there. I love the restaurant. As in Washington's day, most of the vegetables and fruits they serve are grown right there. They don't raise their own cattle and chickens, though.

Hmm. I doubt that. How many slaves did he have? Quite a few, if memory serves. I doubt Washington was out there doing much hand-mowing! He did take a keen interest in the agriculture, of course.

Beautiful place though, and a lovely drive along the river to get down there. I love the restaurant. As in Washington's day, most of the vegetables and fruits they serve are grown right there. They don't raise their own cattle and chickens, though.

:lol: yep.

I was there in 7th grade. Really neat place. It had just rained and I can still remember the smell of the rock road after the rain....It was different.

Right now I'm packing up my diabetic supplies, jewelry making supplies, jewlery tools, washing clothes, meds. I won't pack all of my clothes just yet. I need to get my driver's license back though and that's my first prioty.

Right now I'm packing up my diabetic supplies, jewelry making supplies, jewlery tools, washing clothes, meds. I won't pack all of my clothes just yet. I need to get my driver's license back though and that's my first prioty.

Just found out that I won't be get my license back till the 16 of this month cuz I have to retake the driving test: both written and road test. :pissed: I wasn't able to get appointment before the 16th.

That's cuz I had an accident earlier this year and it was partly due to some medical problems I was having so I had to do tons of medical paper work for DMV to reassure them my problem is temporary.

Last edited:
Went to visit MIL in nursing home and had to call her doctor as the nurses at the home were giving her problems with one of her medications. They claim that her dose was too high and were refusing to give it to her at the dosage listed. I called her doctor and he was livid. He called the nursing supervisor and threatened all kinds of stuff. Also, with some of the questions and demands from the admissions office, hubby feels like they think she is a permanent resident. We will keep watch over her for the 2 weeks and keep in touch with her doctor while she is there.

Also, got a new cell phone today. It is still a TracFone plan, but it is an LG500G with full qwerty keyboard, camera, web browser and all kinds of things. Now I just get to transfer all my contacts to it and let people know my new cell number. Fun, fun fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back