What did you do today? Part II

We bought gasoline and a few groceries, and now I am cooking cavatelli, and getting ready to watch PBS British shows. :)

I never heard of cavatelli until you mentioned it. What kind of sauce to you put over it? Sounds yummy!!!!:P

We are staying home today, really hot out. All week it is going to be between 101-105. The average summer here has 14 days over 100 degrees. I think be will go way over that this year. It is even to hot to take the boat out:-( I am really happy that a lot of you are getting some relief from your miserable weather.

Bott, you made me hungry. Enjoy your dinner and your British television!!!

went on "date" today in NYC. while we were chit-chatting at BN in Union Square... some deaf guy was politely trying to grab my attention and then we looked at him. guess what?

he turned out to be.... Leon Lim!!!!!! He was a contestant in Work of Art tv show. very interesting fella! Unfortunately.... he was voted out at 4th episode. why? well.... of course..... "politic"....... but he's a real deal. a very talented fella. and he knows the owner of this site too... and both him and my date graduated from RIT. gotta love the small world! :)

Leon Lim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Leon - Work of Art Season 2 - Bio - Bravo TV Official Site
We Were Sorry to See Leon Lim go on The Next Great Artist Competition But Greater Things are In-Store for this Hearing-Impaired Malaysian Artist - Disaboom

After a lot of issues with my leg, I have to get up and moving to the grocery for the few things I need. The store I went to yesterday did not have them.

Kristina your posts have made me aware of non-diary products and this one just reminded me without actually naming any of them.

Do you happen to have a Family Dollar store or stores in your area? I just noticed Silk brand soy and almond milk in a flyer from them.

went on "date" today in NYC. while we were chit-chatting at BN in Union Square... some deaf guy was politely trying to grab my attention and then we looked at him. guess what?

he turned out to be.... Leon Lim!!!!!! He was a contestant in Work of Art tv show. very interesting fella! Unfortunately.... he was voted out at 4th episode. why? well.... of course..... "politic"....... but he's a real deal. a very talented fella. and he knows the owner of this site too... and both him and my date graduated from RIT. gotta love the small world! :)

Leon Lim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Leon - Work of Art Season 2 - Bio - Bravo TV Official Site
We Were Sorry to See Leon Lim go on The Next Great Artist Competition But Greater Things are In-Store for this Hearing-Impaired Malaysian Artist - Disaboom

Wow you are lucky that you met him!!! id love to meet him. awesome!!!

Got up 'way too early for fasting blood work. :eek3: And then some of the authorizations weren't in the computer so wasn't able to get all the lab work done. At least some were there for some of my doctors and an upcoming CT scan next week, so it wasn't a wasted trip for me. But I didn't get as much "bang for my buck" with my co-pay and will have to pay the co-pay for labs *again* for rest of lab work later. Not to mention fasting 12 hours and having to get up early to go in. :thumbd: However, it *was* a completely wasted trip for my DH (husband) because they had no authorization for his lab work prior to his yearly doctor appt. next week. Grrrr! :o Sometimes having hard copy the old way is/was better, me thinks!

Found out my grandson is about 6 lbs 1 oz. If he grows 1/2 lb per week (per something I read), he will be around 8 lbs 1 oz at birth...the same weight is his mom was at birth.
She had an ultrasound done today to see if the placenta moved out of the way (and it has but she won't know if it moved enough until she talks to her OB later this week). Unfortunately, she was not able to see the baby (the TV wasn't working) and her husband only saw the "cute squishy nose" for a brief moment. Wah, I was hoping for another picture for my grandmom's brag book. :(

Kristina your posts have made me aware of non-diary products and this one just reminded me without actually naming any of them.

Do you happen to have a Family Dollar store or stores in your area? I just noticed Silk brand soy and almond milk in a flyer from them.

I do have Family Dollar here, but they are so poorly maintained and staffed that it's not worth going. I get my Silk brand Original Almond milk at WalMart, but not all of them have it. Daughter prefers the 365 Everday Value brand from Whole Foods. We tried some other almond milks and she says they remind her of cookies. I get my stuff from WalMart or Publix when I can, but I do make trips to Whole Foods weekly or every other week. With the almond milk, 3 of us are using it and we can only get it in the half gallon containers. We go through about 4-5 a week. My son drinks regular 2% milk and mother doesn't drink any. She doesn't like milk of any form.

AC is very pretty on worst sound look likes seems pretty easy! it is sound look likes hot pretty,!

I do have Family Dollar here, but they are so poorly maintained and staffed that it's not worth going. I get my Silk brand Original Almond milk at WalMart, but not all of them have it. Daughter prefers the 365 Everday Value brand from Whole Foods. We tried some other almond milks and she says they remind her of cookies. I get my stuff from WalMart or Publix when I can, but I do make trips to Whole Foods weekly or every other week. With the almond milk, 3 of us are using it and we can only get it in the half gallon containers. We go through about 4-5 a week. My son drinks regular 2% milk and mother doesn't drink any. She doesn't like milk of any form.

Sorry to hear that about your Family Dollar. Ours is really clean and has some nice things. I have bought very few grocery items there in the past though (more cleaning products and some clothes). Last Saturday I found a good value on bite sized shredded wheat and am planning to get more as puffed wheat in any brand seems to have disappeared from the market at any store! I do my main grocery shopping at a regional chain (Schnuck's which you may have heard of as they are headquartered in St. Louis) that also offers what they call their "e-script cards" which when scanned at the register give a percentage of your bill to a charity that has signed up with them and that you have also picked from the list. Mine goes to my local church and I could also split it to have some go to our United Church of Christ Illinois South Conference Camp and Conference Center (DuBois Center) but as I single person I feel that I don't purchase enough to split it. I also use another regional (Tom's Priced Right) and specials our local IGA as IGA is usually more expensive. We do have a Walmart that has a food section (it is not a super Walmart) but I would rather use those with closer to local ties. I have looked a prices at Walmart and discovered that they have not generally been cheaper. The only thing I watch is sodium.

Well - today has been something else again.
Did a 2 mile walk with son, went to the Town Hall about addresses (again), spoke with contractor and saw the new windows, made lunch, spoke with contractor again regarding a possible shed, made hubby's lunches for the week, delivered lunch to hubby as I made them after he left, and now, I get to get cleaned up for weight loss meeting tonight. Oh Joy!!! NOT!

Since I've dealt with my broken ankle, I usually eat, poop, watch some TV, use iPad, play with my maniac dog, text a friend, take a nap, pee, then finally sleep.

Tomorrow, I am going to see my orthopedic dr for weekly follow up before I start my PT sessions in Sin City. I will finally get a temp HC platecard at last. :roll:

I basically did nothing:-( It is so, so hot and only getting hotter over the next few days. Tomorrow 104 degrees and Wednesday 106. Will this heat wave ever end?????

I basically did nothing:-( It is so, so hot and only getting hotter over the next few days. Tomorrow 104 degrees and Wednesday 106. Will this heat wave ever end?????

I believe it is coming back to us in Iowa in the next week or so...

I believe it is coming back to us in Iowa in the next week or so...

I sure hope you guys don't get that awful heat again. Marley won't even go for her walks. Last night we waited until after 10pm to walk her and it was still 91 degrees out.

There is not a lot to do, but stay indoors with the AC on, once it hits 106 degrees:-( :cool2:

I sure hope you guys don't get that awful heat again. Marley won't even go for her walks. Last night we waited until after 10pm to walk her and it was still 91 degrees out.

There is not a lot to do, but stay indoors with the AC on, once it hits 106 degrees:-( :cool2:

Yes. Our news specifically mentions to keep your dogs in , and that they shouldn't be going for walks in this heat.

Back