What changed our lives since the 50's until the modern age of 2008?

Chip in our hands!? :eek3:

Old small 15" BW TV since my childhood life to "56 HDTV now. :lol:

I have no idea how people watched movies at home in the 1950's, but you know... VHS > DVD > HD DVD > BluRay > what's next?!

Back in 1950's there was free programming on the black and white T.V. with the antenna outside of the house and/or on top of the T.V. We watch black and white movies because it was a lot cheaper back then before color came on. I remember we don't have to pay for free programming until later when we start to have cable and then satellite dish probably around late 60's or early 70's. :hmm:

Botti and Nathan I saw your posts :shock:

I agree that the glass bottles are better btw pepsi is better than coke :D

Back in 1950's there was free programming on the black and white T.V. with the antenna outside of the house and/or on top of the T.V. We watch black and white movies because it was a lot cheaper back then before color came on. I remember we don't have to pay for free programming until later when we start to have cable and then satellite dish probably around late 60's or early 70's. :hmm:

Actually, there is still plenty of free programming in both standard and high definition you can receive over the air. It's just that the cable and satellite providers do what they can to make people think it doesn't exist.

However, satellite and cable providers do offer far more channels. But still.

I miss A&W, sit in park lot and have a waitress roller skate to you and u order a mean then u get meal from roller skate waitress.

I miss A&W, sit in park lot and have a waitress roller skate to you and u order a mean then u get meal from roller skate waitress.

I forgot about that. That was fun! With onion rings and chili dogs.

Can you comapare the first 1953 Corvette to the ultimate Corvette, the 2009 ZR-1 Blue Devil?

55 years of Corvettes will give you an idea of how cars have evolved along the decades. I chose the Corvette as an exmeplar how technology has changed our lives very much.

Cavalier to Cobalt

roflamo man u got it pretty much wrong..the Cavalier debuted in 1982. If the Cavalier did debuted in 1952 GM would have been bankrupt by that time because the 1950s public wasnt so used to sudden changes in technology like front wheel drive, electronic fuel injection, unibody construction, you name it.

1953.jpg

2009%20Corvette%20ZR1%20Official.jpg

:hmm:

DAMN!

Microchips used to be big, but now it's all small and gettin' smaller than before. Easier to make things smaller for microchips to fit in and more lighter, too.

I wonder once it gets smaller than what it is today, are we havin' holograms ? Hmmm.... are the holograms usin' by microchips or somethin' else ? :hmm: I am soo curious about this one, if anyone know ? :lol:

Back