Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Other ( please explain )

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

highlands

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dear CI users,
I'm curious about what brand of CI do you have ?
Please vote, and explain what benefits have you gotten from CI ?
Is there anything that you don't feel comfortable with your CI ?

ecevit said:
Dear CI users,
I'm curious about what brand of CI do you have ?
Please vote, and explain what benefits have you gotten from CI ?
Is there anything that you don't feel comfortable with your CI ?

guess i'm the first one to vote :eek: i voted nucleus that's what i have the freedom brand..

benefits is great heh.. only thing i don't feel comfortable is that its huge :x

Ditto on the Freedom. I absolutely love it. The best part is no longer needing any blasted hearing aid mold.

Voting for the freedom even though I don't have it yet!

R2D2 said:
Voting for the freedom even though I don't have it yet!

I can't WAIT to hear your activation stories!!! Eagerly waiting even tho it will be a while - it will be worth it :)

DeafSCUBA98 said:
....... only thing i don't feel comfortable is that its huge :x
My daughter also has the freedom system. Both inside and outside. She's on of the first.
You are right about the size, so imagine a 3-4 year old. And then imagine Bi-lateral. We do not use the bodyworn system because we feel it is too bulkey. We use two BTE's in little bags on her shoulders. This works great (and I think that because they are wider apart than behind the ear, her perception of sound-direction is even better.

We needed to make the choice between MedEl and Cochlear(Nucleus) which both came out with new systems in the last years. The team that does the implant and follow-up does not give advice on the choice. So we based our decision on appearence (looks better) and technology (We had the feeling that what can be done with 12 electrodes can also be done with 22, and more.)

I have AB Auria HiRes BTE. I Love it and looking foward to new 121 channles program and also new BTE to handle this new software. Although I do have a PSP (Platinum Speech Processer which is a BWP (Body worn processor) that could handle 121 channels when it comes out.

Benefits are great... no paper and pen. hear anyting better than I could hear with HA.

But they don't have the body worns for the Nucleus Freedom yet - I am still waiting on mine (I'll use it when I'm not at work - saves the dough on batteries) :) But honestly I have the Nucleus Freedom - and it is a great product. For a while it feels big and bulky but after a while it is like it was never there. You get used to it.

DefLord said:
But they don't have the body worns for the Nucleus Freedom yet - I am still waiting on mine (I'll use it when I'm not at work - saves the dough on batteries) :) But honestly I have the Nucleus Freedom - and it is a great product. For a while it feels big and bulky but after a while it is like it was never there. You get used to it.
Sure they have the body worn set. But it's just the battery that's in there. The processor is still next to the ear.
I agree that it saves in battery-costs using the body-worn, but even so, we have put the BTE processors on the shoulders of our daughter. The body worn are still too bulky for a 4-year old.

Cloggy - exactly how do you put the bte's on your daughter's shoulders so they don't fall off?

neecy said:
Cloggy - exactly how do you put the bte's on your daughter's shoulders so they don't fall off?
Little bag, attatched with a safety-pin... I'll send you a picture... would post it here, but can't figure out how to..

Cloggy said:
Little bag, attatched with a safety-pin... I'll send you a picture... would post it here, but can't figure out how to..

You can post the picture of your daughter or whatever under Picture Section to hide public forum like what you did at other forum...

http://www.alldeaf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

*I don't vote because I don't have CI*

Interesting how different ppl choose CI's

xxxxxxxxx

Interesting how different People choose CI's . I'm new to this site and I am a Hard of Hearing Woman and I have started a business with a Hearing Woman and we are trying to cater to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people in Rural Setting. I have a couple of friends that have gone on to have CI's implanted and and there are mixed reviews on this with some of the people . Depends where you have the surgery done at what town in Kansas. Few have said they love it! but then also there are few that said they are not happy with the outcome and complain it not work to where they want it or it has caused some headaches and infections. So it would have to be where you actually have it done where the Doctors are really knowledgable about Cochlear implants and Updates trainings. For myself I wear hearing aid in one ear but I have been tested to see if I can benefit from a CI and also I am watching wiether there is a good response and outwiegh the negitives . So I will continue to research this more before I make my decision and also be able to give out the information to others who are curious. Wings :angel:

Liebling:-))) said:
You can post the picture of your daughter or whatever under Picture Section to hide public forum like what you did at other forum...

http://www.alldeaf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40
*I don't vote because I don't have CI*
BUt can't I include a picture in a post? When I click on the "Insert Image" icon, I just get a messagebox. (with the following result.)

Cloggy said:
BUt can't I include a picture in a post? When I click on the "Insert Image" icon, I just get a messagebox. (with the following result.)

You need to host the picture in another site that saves your file in its server.. Try www.imageshack.us upload your file from your hardrive to that site using 'host it' command.. After the processing have been completed you'll see some codes like this (simplified )

image =.....
hot link for forums

{x represents any code }

just copy and paste the part between
{all included}

That's it..

paste the link the place where you want to show your picture.

Use preview to see everthing is right..

pictures are displayed in codes in the following format

try www.imageshack.us
www.freeimagehosting.net

they're free :)

I haven´t got CI yet. I will find out when I´ll have the surgery. I am gonna find that out today or tomorrow. I am picking Freedom.

Cloggy said:

yeah it says "enter text to be formatted" that's wrong way to instruct. Alex would need to modify that instruction.

you just need to insert the url where the image is located at.

that is if you have it hosed elsewhere. the example would be
Code:
[ img ]http://www.web.com/yourimage.jpg[ /img ]
(I edited the code so it will appear as text instead of image so when you actually use it make sure there's no spaces )

Back