What brand are your bilratial CIs?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I am thinking about going biratial...which means getting a 2nd CI on my left ear. I have the 1st one implanted on my right ear and it is Nucleus Freedom. I had the surgery on August 26, 2006 and it was turned on by Oct 2nd, 2006. I love it a lot but my left ear...my hearing has declined some so I want to go for 2nd CI soon. I have 2 children that I see often and I am a college student that is gonna transfer to a 4 years university soon. I know some people has told me to wait for something better but I know also that when something better comes out they can replace programs. I want to go for AB Biniocs...anyone who have that can tell me the pros and the cons of this brand? Also, some feedbacks would be greatly appreticed..thanks!

from what i have gathered most ppl get the same brand of ci on their 2nd CI..so u have the same programs etc. i think diff companies, ie. cochlear, ab, and med-el (etc) all sound different and have diff programs..just from what i have gathered tho:) lol don't quote me!

I am thinking about going biratial...which means getting a 2nd CI on my left ear. I have the 1st one implanted on my right ear and it is Nucleus Freedom. I had the surgery on August 26, 2006 and it was turned on by Oct 2nd, 2006. I love it a lot but my left ear...my hearing has declined some so I want to go for 2nd CI soon. I have 2 children that I see often and I am a college student that is gonna transfer to a 4 years university soon. I know some people has told me to wait for something better but I know also that when something better comes out they can replace programs. I want to go for AB Biniocs...anyone who have that can tell me the pros and the cons of this brand? Also, some feedbacks would be greatly appreticed..thanks!

One has four programs and a window to display the settings and uses buttons to change setting rather than a knob nd lever setting. One uses a T mic and the other a Beam program. They both give similar results. Just look what features would be more to your likely. I would tend to stick with the same brand if is was possible for me.

Both of my CIs are from Cochlear. I chose to stay with the same brand not only because I was extremely happy with the customer service I received from Cochlear (as I'm sure those who have AB and Med-El can report the same) but also because I wouldn't have to keep track of different accessories or more than one phone number/e-mail address should either of my processors need repair.

Hi. I'm about to go bilateral myself. I got my 1st CI last year, May 17th. Am now getting my 2nd CI on my left ear on May 8th [15 days, ack!]. I have the Freedom by Cochlear. I've been very happy with my CI and the customer service my husband and I receive from Cochlear so we're gonna stick to the same brand for my 2nd CI. I think most people who go bilteral usually get the same brand of whatever they went with the 1st time. Good luck on going bilateral! :)

Back