What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

"Christ The Lord: The Road To Cana" by Anne Rice. It is the second book in her new series on Jesus and his life written by her like he was reciting it and seeing it through his eyes through all his life. it isn't a true story or anything, just a story by her of the life of Jesus from what she has studied and stuff. I don't usually read anything to do with religion but I have read all, and own all, published works by her so I bought the first one and now have bought this one and it being Anne it happens to be interesting. She is the one who wrote "Interview With The Vampire" and "Queen Of The Damned".

I love Anne Rice, and also own all of her stuff, with the exception of this new series. I even own her erotica.

Movers & Shakers: Deaf People Who Changed the World by Cathryn Carroll

teachersmandsfc.gif

Notes from Underground, The Double and Other Stories by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel García Márquez
Empire Falls by Richard Russo

7263015.jpg

Random House Webster's Unabridged American Sign Language Dictionary by Elaine Costello

20777623.jpg

I have tons of books lol, but the most recently purchase is
Change of Heart
change_of_heart.jpg

I absolutely love Jodi Picoult books.

I also have been to a giant book fair recently and bought a whole bunch of books, including
Chicken Soup for the Women Soul 1 and 2
Deafening
Along Came Trouble
Aftermath
Clare's War
Being Committed
Mrs Kimble
and a couple copies of For Better or For worse comics

Dracula by Bram Stoker
Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
Tar Baby by Toni Morrison
Sula by Toni Morrison

13743593.JPG

You have the originals? Did I read that right?? If so, you must take a snapshot or two and post them here on this thread.

Do you agree that Cell is the worse novel ever!? You know which of his novel (from way back) I recall most? It's an unheralded one. This one:

n708.jpg
I read Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King. I loved it! I think it is very different from his other books, which he admits to doing because he wanted to write a story for his daughter.

Back