What are Your Weird Habits

1. I must have complete dark in our bedroom before I would go to sleep. No open doors, windows closed, no night light.

2. I like open space feeling. Don't like to feel closed in. Which means I must have open areas to walk on at all times. Can't stand being in long dark tunnel with no openings of air.

3. Check my home's front door twice to make sure it's locked and that the housekey is really with me, either in my pocket or purse. I got locked out before. Same thing as when I get out of car, I doublecheck to make sure I really have car key with me. When I don't bring my car key with me, I always ask my husband if he took his car key with him before I would lock the car door.

4. Fear of high height. I got this fear from being at Grand Canyon when I was 10, had been afraid of high height since.

5. Like AJ, I like to mix corn with mashed potatoes! yummy

6. When I sign with my husband or kids, I sometime don't use my voice, smack my lips, tongue on roof of my mouth...driving my older daughter nuts! I can't hear myself doing that. lol

7. I bite my fingernails and peel off toes nails. My daughter kept telling me to use nailclippers, but I have been doing that since I was little girl. Bad habit, I know...

8. I play with my hair while watching tv or while using my computer without thinking about it. One time I played with my hair while chatting with my friend on webcam and he asked me what I was doing? Boing! I realized what I was doing and told him oh I wasn't even thinking about doing that. Just a habit of mine to play with my hair cuz I like the silky feel of my hair. It's hard for me to just put my hands down and leave them there. I always, always feel that I must keep my hands busy at all times, may it be cleaning, washing, folding, playing with my hair, playing with pencil, typing, signing, etc.

Peachy Lady said:
6. When I sign with my husband or kids, I sometime don't use my voice, smack my lips, tongue on roof of my mouth...driving my older daughter nuts! I can't hear myself doing that. lol

there's another sign language teacher that works with my aunt at the highschool, she does the SAME thing. she smacks her lips and it drives me insane! but the thing is, she can hear herself doing it. but she still doesn't stop.

i do my nails a lot on my own, they must always look neat. i eat a lot and all day long. My metabolism is very fast. I exercise in the afternoon. I sleep on the left side of the bed. i love being in the dark my eyes are photosensitive and they hurt in bright light. I like to read/write late at night. I come up with the best ideas at night.

i talk and sign in my sleep, i dont think that is actually a habit but it still weird of me lol. Sometime i would yell in my sleep and my parent will come and see what wrong but only find me sound asleep. :doh:

also,

i have a tv in my bedroom, and when im watching it, and i decide to go to sleep i always turn it to channel four before i turn it off. i dont know why. its the tv guide channel. i can not tell u why, because i dont know.

i have to have all my cds in their cases ... they can't be out of case they to be in a case ...
i wash my hands constantly
my medicine has to in order....

... i think i might have a litte bit of a ocd problem

My werid habit is.... ummm I always seem to take a piece of my hair and put it across my nose and smell it....It drives RR nuts heh

When I am eating and I always rubbing my lap with my right hand while eating my food. Same as my mom eating and rubbing her lap with her right hand. I do not know why it's strange. Well that is how it's being weird habit like my mom does same way too.

I'm candle lover. I love to lit candles in 2 living rooms and dinning room to make me feel comfortable myself when I watch on TV... I prefer to lit candles than switch wall lamp or table lamp. I only turn wall/table light on when we have guest visitors. Werid isn't it?

Open our bedroom windows to fresh air during our sleep time. I feel good to leave window open while I'm sleep, of course also during WINTER time, too. I love to have VERY, VERY cold in our bedroom because it make me sleep well & feel good due my sleeping problems. Werid isn't it? My bedroom got my boys "goose pumps" because of very cold during winter time. They rather to open their bedroom window all the night during summer time instead of winter time.

I MUST have bread or rolls when I have eggs or fish fingers... Without bread & roll, I can't eat eggs or fish finger... :eek:

Peach Lady
1. I must have complete dark in our bedroom before I would go to sleep. No open doors, windows closed, no night light.

It's an exactly same as my hubby except windows closed.

DreamyHawaii said:
When I am eating and I always rubbing my lap with my right hand while eating my food. Same as my mom eating and rubbing her lap with her right hand. I do not know why it's strange. Well that is how it's being weird habit like my mom does same way too.

that reminds of a a BAD habit i have. when eating finger foods, like chicken nuggets, i always wipe my hand on my lap, so now i put a napkin or paper towel on my lap so i dont mess up my pants.

Well when I brush my teeth, I walk around brushing my teeth. I can't help it but I am trying to break my habit.

I am very organized with my house. I freak out when it is not in the right place or someone moves it and not putting it back.

I get upset when someone walks in my house with dirt all over my floor. I have to sweep it off and vaccum it. Can't help it.

I get upset when I put on my good clothes and something happens to it. GRRR!

I think that is all I can think of right now. lol :thumb:

gnarlydorkette said:
-In a morning, I brush my teeth before my breakfast. (my husband was like: "your teeth will get dirty again so why do you do that???" "because I don't want to taste my bad breath in my breakfast's bite...")

-I don't like my bra being crushed on by other clothes. NO ITEM IS ALLOWED to be atop of it.. I have bited my husband's head off just beacuse he tossed a shirt over my bra... I don't like my bra's cups being deformed...LOL that is the weirdest habit I ever read LOL :lol:

-I sign with "V" for "have" on my chest, "D" for had, "S" for has, and I use "I" in same motion for "ice-cream"... And I slip up with several signs of HSL (Home-Sign-Language)... especially when it comes to the topic of bowel movements... I sign: "I BROWN-BROWN BIG." Blame it on my mom's make-believe signs. I also sign for "BROWN-I-E" down my cheek for "brownie" so ... the only difference between a bowel movement and a brownie is the last two letter of "-ie"... :)

-I don't like juices. I cringe at apple juice. I am hesistant about orange juice. I only like raspberry juice (only offered in Finland). I am not a big fan of juicy fruits as well: yuck for pineapples, mangos, peaches, plums, mandarian oranges, and many more.

-I eat my tortilla chips with catsup whenever I am out of salsa. Same ingredients!

-I cannot be polite or proper if I eat something gross. I will put on the hilarious-iest and offensive facial expression for you to be aware that I do *not* like what I just ate. That's why my husband does not take me out often. (As a matter of fact, I made *that* expresson two hours ago when I bited into a juicy tomato from my salad in a public cafe and my husband told me to stop showing my food on my tongue and try to be more discreet. Me: "But I just ate a tomato!" He replied "oh, lemm get them before you bite into them..." I think he is embarassed by my eating habit sometime.)

-I sign slow and appear more introverted when I know the person is a hearie even though if s/he is an ASL, level 4 student. My overall attitude and stance totally change the second I sign to a hearing person. I am a bad example for ASL students to learn from. Stay away from me if you come to a deaf night in San Diego.

Salsa and catsup does not have the same ingredients according to NM foods! I understand catsup has alot vinegar in it and salsa does not. :P

Weirdo said:
I eat ice cream with cereal,
Eat Ranch (salad dressing) with pizza, burgers, and french fries.
Eat french fries with Ranch and Mayo.
Must close the blinds (the windows) at night. Im afraid of strangers looking at me @ night.
Brush my teeth while I'm sitting on the toliet (not while I go to the restroom).

ok ok I thought blue poodles were bad, but a white one with a pink afro? Whats next, a dog dyed in the rainbow colours?! (no im not against the homosexuals, Im against poor poodles being totured with colors!)

AJ said:
when i have mashed potatos, i put corn on top of it then gravy. man its good.
Oh yeah I'd do the same!

My only weird habit I have that I can think of is bobbing my head like I'm listening to a fast beat sounds in my head even there's no music playing... only when I'm alone and concentrating on something like reading the web like AD. It relaxes me, lol

I refuse to eat the breakfast if there isn't any cheese. I MUST have some cheeses along with eggs, bacons, etc

I add some catsup to scrambled eggs or breakfast eggs

I hate to fold the clothes so I always put them on the coat hangers

I don't like to take a shower or bathtub during mornings, only afternoons - nights. I never smell awful or bad so I don't see any reason to take a shower during mornings.

I have the same problem as Gnarly have. Allow me to copy/paste what she said: I sign slow and appear more introverted when I know the person is a hearie even though if s/he is an ASL, level 4 student. Same thing here and Nas complained about that all the time but I finally broke the habit with Nas several months ago but I'm still sign slow with other hearies.

I like to eat the tomatoes but I don't like the fast foods or restaurant's tomatoes so I always pick them off from my meals that I ordered.

If I watch the TV which is extremely rare but whenever the commerical comes up during show's breaktime, I change to other channels. That habit of mine always annoy Nas.

My bedroom window MUST open ALL the time. Even winter (I change the position of window to cut down the cold wind).

No lights during nights but I can sleep with the light on. I just like to sleep in totally dark.

As for Nas' weird habits:

When she have a nightmare, she always climb over me or get up and walk around the bed to lay down and cuddle against my chest. She sometimes wake me up and tell me to move a bit so she can climb over me to cuddle against my chest or ask me to change my position to hold her tight.

She always add the celtic salt in orange juice before she drinks it...

She wears the thongs for anywhere during weekdays but she wears my boxers for anywhere during weekends. She have to use two pins on the boxers so it will not loosen and slip off.

This is her other weird habit but I love it. Whenever we are ready to watch the movies/animes, she gets naked and cuddle with me. Her reason: "comfortable". If cold, she will take the blanket with her to keep herself warm. btw, she often asked me to get naked along with her as well.

When she gets up during morning, she brushes her teeth before eat breakfast but she brushes her teeth again after breakfast before go out for anywhere. She did the same thing before dinner and after dinner.

She always play with the end of her hairs during quiet time like reading a book or watch a movie.

She never eat a whole of cookie... she eats the half and then give me the half or throw it away if I don't want to eat.

Every time, she hears the music (as long as she likes it) from radio or stereo, she tends to dance on her own or ask/beg me to dance with her (only in our place or at her parents' place).

Weird habits...hmm..

1-When I eat, I constantly have to have food in my mouth, so before I swallow what I just chewed, I need to have another bite to take its place.

2-I eat french fries with mayo and ketchup mized together

3-I check everything more than once (Im OCD)

4-It has to be dark when I go to sleep- totally dark.

5- Constantly fiddle with my piercings, mostly tounge and lip, sometimes the 2 belly ones

6- I will pick at anything on my body that shouldnt be there- even if it'll make me bleed...Sometimes I end up picking of frekles because they are a little raised.

Thats all I can think of right now! Im sure i have many more!

Back