What are your interest in chatting today> No videos please

no credit card and should never use debit card on internet.
I will try that Bot

That's true. Hmm. Looks like I'll need to find a way to pay for that 5 year thing. I don't do PayPal, but I wonder if something other than snail mail could be done.

Do cell phones cause accidents on the road?

That is a chat topic for today.

Do cell phones cause accidents on the road when driving a car etc.

Laws in Ontario Canada.

Ontario's ban on hand-held devices while driving took effect on October 26, 2009.

The law makes it illegal for drivers to talk, text, type, dial or email using hand-held cell phones and other hand-held communications and entertainment devices. The law also prohibits drivers from viewing display screens unrelated to the driving task, such as laptops or DVD players, while driving. The use of hands-free devices is still permitted, and drivers may use hand-held devices to call 9-1-1.

'Hands-free' use means that apart from activating or deactivating the device, it is not held during use and the driver is not physically interacting with or manipulating it. Actions such as dialing or scrolling through contacts, or manually programming a GPS device, for example, are not allowed.

Drivers caught using a hand-held device will face a set fine of $225 plus a victim surcharge and court fees for a total of $280. Drivers who challenge the ticket in court face fines of up to $500.

Should we have this law everywhere in the World?

:

topic: What is CC

I am deaf in both ears cannot hear anything.

I go on a web site and look for CC

I find them and I click on CC . There is english writing on bottom of screen in which I know whats it all about.

Bosttesini you are a nice person but now I'm really confused you say thats not CC. what I read at bottom of page in English.

Please explain this to us who read the english.

Thank you Bottesini. I do not read sign language.

Trainman who is learning all about being deaf.

Trainman, do you know sign language or ASL?

If not, how do you communicate with people? I recall you said you use pen and paper?

I am deaf in both ears cannot hear anything.

I go on a web site and look for CC

I find them and I click on CC . There is english writing on bottom of screen in which I know whats it all about.

Bosttesini you are a nice person but now I'm really confused you say thats not CC. what I read at bottom of page in English.

Please explain this to us who read the english.

Thank you Bottesini. I do not read sign language.

Trainman who is learning all about being deaf.

Many of the things you put up have "English (automatic captions)". These are not captioned by a human.

They are transcribed by a machine dictation program, and often make no sense whatsoever . They are nothing like captioning which is done by a person, and tells you what is said accurately, plus what happens in background.

And when you say you don't read sign language, that is what it is like for a lot of the rest of us when you put up all these many , many videos that we can't understand.

It's a huge waste of space on a deaf forum.

I think I understand now.

Were I live in Ontario we watch TV and it has Closed Caption on it in English.

We do read the english that someone types in and is payed to do this too so we can understand what is going on.

I think now I know what you mean if it does not have sign language on it you cannot understand it.

May I ask kindly what country are you from please.

I will seek out sign language on videos but then some of us cannot read sign language. It is a situation is it not for us eh.

I do understand now what you are talking about we do the best we can being deaf on communications.

Some read sign and some read read English. That is a problem.

Some churches have sign languages but not to many , I see the government
has sign with someone doing it.

Many thanks Bottesini for your input on this it does help understand on both sides.

Keep well.

Trainman

That is a good question. How many read the english on Alldeaf?

Thats a good question:

How many read sign language on All Deaf?

How many read English on Alldeaf?

Were I live in Ontario we watch TV and it has Closed Caption on it in English.

We do read the english that someone types in and is payed to do this too so we can understand what is going on.

I think now I know what you mean if it does not have sign language on it you cannot understand it.

May I ask kindly what country are you from please.

I will seek out sign language on videos but then some of us cannot read sign language. It is a situation is it not for us eh.

I do understand now what you are talking about we do the best we can being deaf on communications.

Some read sign and some read read English. That is a problem.

Some churches have sign languages but not to many , I see the government
has sign with someone doing it.

Many thanks Bottesini for your input on this it does help understand on both sides.

Keep well.

Trainman

I think you don't understand what I am telling you at all. I am from the United States and obviously I am writing to you in English.

I have given you a concise explanation of why deaf people who read English need proper captioning, and if you can't comprehend it so be it.

I have a feeling nothing I tell you is going to get through.

Trainman, do you know sign language or ASL?

If not, how do you communicate with people? I recall you said you use pen and paper?

Anyone who comes to Alldeaf obviously knows English. This is an USA based forum. But not all of them know sign language.

Just writing on a pad.

I just write on a pad for communication.

I just watch tv with the closed caption.

We are partly english and French in Canada speaking;

Ontario english.

Quebec French only.

I just write on a pad for communication.

I just watch tv with the closed caption.

We are partly english and French in Canada speaking;

Ontario english.

Quebec French only.

What area of Canada are you in and how is deaf community out there?

I live in Ontario

Where I live there is little deaf community thats why I write to them and most are ok with that.

Yes its hard but I'm ok with that too. even if I learn to sign there is no one out here to sign with me .

Thats why I joined ALLdeaf. Do you like my posts I put on?

trainman that tries to think positive or go crazy :lol:

I find in the hearing world we had problems I see in ALLDEAF we have the same .

I do go on the computer a lot now to communicate with people and send posts that they like to receive and they send me post back a 2 way communications

I have traveled around the world and on the internet I see many counties have sign that is different to ASL

Take care now we care.

Where I live there is little deaf community thats why I write to them and most are ok with that.

Yes its hard but I'm ok with that too. even if I learn to sign there is no one out here to sign with me .

Thats why I joined ALLdeaf. Do you like my posts I put on?

trainman that tries to think positive or go crazy :lol:

I find in the hearing world we had problems I see in ALLDEAF we have the same .

I do go on the computer a lot now to communicate with people and send posts that they like to receive and they send me post back a 2 way communications

I have traveled around the world and on the internet I see many counties have sign that is different to ASL

Take care now we care.

I'm in Chicago area and Deaf Community is pretty strong here. There are also deaf events that I go to in Grand Rapids, MI, NW Indiana, and part of Wisconsin.

I hope that Deaf Communities around my area can send positive vibes to your area. Hopefully a Deaf Community or 2 can be set up in your area.

Back to you Dereksbicyles

'm in Chicago area and Deaf Community is pretty strong here. There are also deaf events that I go to in Grand Rapids, MI, NW Indiana, and part of Wisconsin.

I hope that Deaf Communities around my area can send positive vibes to your area. Hopefully a Deaf Community or 2 can be set up in your area.

Thank you but some members are on here from Toronto in which is 2 to 3 hours from me have them. Toronto is big city.

But not in my area I am trying to start one up here where I live up north.

Take care now Chicago is awindy city I hear.

Train

no deaf community where I live..i use to live in area where good deaf community social life get none of that now unless I do two hour train trip..
I know how you feel tm and yes I like your posts and pics

Back