What are you thinking about? Part VIII

The sad story about the Iditarod dog killed yesterday by a drunk snowmobiler. *smh*

wondering why we should SHHH! Though I know why...it was very off-putting

Election Day SHOULD be talked about- at least in real life. If you don't want people here asking why or mentioning it, might have been a better idea to not post "November" if that's what you were thinking about regarding November no?

Yes I know she won't see it but am sure somebody will tell her.

Election Day SHOULD be talked about- at least in real life. If you don't want people here asking why or mentioning it, might have been a better idea to not post "November" if that's what you were thinking about regarding November no?

Is there anybody left who might talk to her?

We can't talk about politics and religion here. Election Day is important, maybe Alex can give us a little freedom to discuss the election. Let's see what he says .

We can't talk about politics and religion here. Election Day is important, maybe Alex can give us a little freedom to discuss the election. Let's see what he says .

Yes I know. I'm not sure how well an Election thread will go- most times it will eventually spiral into a screaming match. No matter what usually you cannot change anyone's mind about who they want for president anyway. But yes- up to Alex since it's his home.

Some posts make me think Reba might.

Nice of you to put Reba on the spot there. We don't know that. No names were ever mentioned by any of us for that reason. However it is fairly easy both on the old AD and here to tell when someone is on a blocked list no matter who the blocker is.

Yes I know. I'm not sure how well an Election thread will go- most times it will eventually spiral into a screaming match. No matter what usually you cannot change anyone's mind about who they want for president anyway. But yes- up to Alex since it's his home.
One idea, would be for Alex to allow and/or maybe even pre-approve, for a "silent" poll where the comments section is disabled. But, then again, his house, his rulez.

Not a bad idea but I don't think you can do a poll with disabled comments on this forum- that I know of. Even if the names are hidden in the poll I still wouldn't participate.

One idea, would be for Alex to allow and/or maybe even pre-approve, for a "silent" poll where the comments section is disabled. But, then again, his house, his rulez.

A member can PM Alex and get his permission. If he see's this request he can let us know if we can approve an Election Day thread.

And I vote NO to an election day thread or any other political thread.

Not a bad idea but I don't think you can do a poll with disabled comments on this forum- that I know of. Even if the names are hidden in the poll I still wouldn't participate.

And my post (not in response to yours, just that it was after your post, that's all) after this one disappeared. Why? This is post #2 of mine that's disappeared today.

A member can PM Alex and get his permission. If he see's this request he can let us know if we can approve an Election Day thread.

You and your love affair with Alex. You mention him in almost every post you make. You don't scare us.

And I vote NO to an election day thread or any other political thread.

It can be for those who want to join. You don't have to participate. Besides, no one has asked Alex for his approval.

I'm thinking about what will TCS do about his work van. He was in a traffic accident this morning with it. (He's fine; no one was hurt in either vehicle.) It was the other driver's fault.

The other car scraped the lower side of his van, front to back. It also seems a bit out of alignment in the front.

TCS had planned on retiring at the end of April and selling his business, which is mostly the van. Now, the van will be devalued because of the damage. If he gets it fixed, it means being in a shop for maybe weeks and not being able to work during that time. (He had scheduled a lot of big jobs for his last month of business.) It's an older van so he might not get much money for the repair.

As just a van, it's not valuable but because of all the customized equipment in it for his business, that makes it expensive. But insurance adjusters calculate the value by the age and mileage of the van itself. :(

I'm thinking about what will TCS do about his work van. He was in a traffic accident this morning with it. (He's fine; no one was hurt in either vehicle.) It was the other driver's fault.

The other car scraped the lower side of his van, front to back. It also seems a bit out of alignment in the front.

TCS had planned on retiring at the end of April and selling his business, which is mostly the van. Now, the van will be devalued because of the damage. If he gets it fixed, it means being in a shop for maybe weeks and not being able to work during that time. (He had scheduled a lot of big jobs for his last month of business.) It's an older van so he might not get much money for the repair.

As just a van, it's not valuable but because of all the customized equipment in it for his business, that makes it expensive. But insurance adjusters calculate the value by the age and mileage of the van itself. :(

Damn that stinks ! Would it help to talk to a lawyer and see if the other driver can be held responsible for lost wages ? I am glad TCS is OK and didn't get hurt .

Damn that stinks ! Would it help to talk to a lawyer and see if the other driver can be held responsible for lost wages ? I am glad TCS is OK and didn't get hurt .
I got the impression that the van is still usable, so I doubt he can get "lost wages".

Back