What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
caz jsut dont mix coffee or tea with the ciggis, easier to give up, trust me......

I am not hurting for money but I am hurting to be debt free. This job will pay off my student loans if I stay there for a year. It is only 15 mins from where I live. I will check out the 'hood this weekend and see how bad it is. My roommate used to work in that school for her summer job and she said there was always a strong police presence. However, that was 10 years ago. Either it is the same, better, or worse. I am hoping for the 2nd.

Plan to work for the second job?

I am not hurting for money but I am hurting to be debt free. This job will pay off my student loans if I stay there for a year. It is only 15 mins from where I live. I will check out the 'hood this weekend and see how bad it is. My roommate used to work in that school for her summer job and she said there was always a strong police presence. However, that was 10 years ago. Either it is the same, better, or worse. I am hoping for the 2nd.

Shel....I would talk to some of the teachers there. Also you can pull up police actions that were taken in that area. Or better yet go to that local police department and talk to them about the area. Since the school is in a "bad area" how are the students? Will you have to work harder there etc.
It's a great thing to strive for debt free but sometimes the cost can be too high. Also consider if this extra salary will throw you into a higher tax bracket.

I wish you the best of luck. Hate to see you get in a more stressful situation.
Life is short, definitely need the time to enjoy it.

Haven't seen Mike post for a few days. Hope things with his neighbors worked out.

Thinking I seriously hope I can go back to sleep. Fell asleep at 4am, awake at 5:15am.

Reminds me of the news years ago a cat stole the neighbor's things.. form shoes to gloves.

Cat Burglar Klepto Kitty Funny News Story - YouTube

We had two dogs while growing up one was a Beagle and he was a klepto .
He would com home kids toys all the time and he once came home with a toy monkey as was almost as big as him. LOL! We had no idea where he found the toys , I guess he figure if he was not able to go hunting for wild animals he would have to settle for a toy monkey . LOL! we had no leash laws then so dogs where allowed to run lose.

Haven't seen Mike post for a few days. Hope things with his neighbors worked out.

Thinking I seriously hope I can go back to sleep. Fell asleep at 4am, awake at 5:15am.

I had a bad, bad night. Couldn't sleep until like 5:30 this morning, and all because of bad elbow pain that had me tossing and turning the entire night. Finally fell asleep about that time, but didn't get a lot of it. It's gonna be a LONG day today.

getting signs of migraine so may go to bed more I think about it more it will happen

went to bed 'round 2AM...and up at 8AM...nose itched all night long!...(allergies), and need to wash my hair as I was out and about most all day yesterday.....feel it's gonna be a tired day....

I never had any problems with laundry being taken but hated hauling it around. That was even if I could use a relatives equipment rather than commercial as I was never in a complex with their own laundry room. My answer was a small set on wheels. The washer hooked to the sink like a portable dishwasher does. The dryer ran on standard household power rather than the higher that is needed for full size ones. Rather than sweep up lint, I got a vent kit, had a hole cut in a scrap piece of paneling and exhausted it out a window....
I had a set like that in 1973, after my daughter was born. Prior to that, using the laundromat wasn't too bad but with an infant and a full-time job I just didn't have the time. I lived in a mobile home at that time, and the laundromat was in a shopping center, not very close. So, I got the "portable" washer and mini-dryer. It was fine for my needs. BTW, they were avocado green--popular then. :lol:

He just wanted your cloths.... People are freaking weird! Why would you even do that!? My complex I was in wasn't secure like that, unfortunately.... and all I could imagine was some creeper taking ( mind you JUST my panties ) and cuddling up with them or something else insanely weird and unsettling.... :ugh: I lived with a few weirdos in that complex.... never went back, never will... :ugh:

Our washing machine and dryers are in the basement and I brought some laundry down to do and smelled something really gross. A tenant was leaving her dirty clothes in her storage bin , and the clothes where all over the floor including her underpants. I was like WTF! The BO could had been use as war weapon it smelled so deadly When the woman moved out she left me a note on my door thanking me for being a nice neighbor , I was not able to return the favor , I was glad she moved out and my neighbor in my building was too b/c he said she was noisy in more than one way. LOL!

I'm thinking we need better weather. This is our 4th straight day of thunderstorms, and we're not done yet, as we still have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

I had a set like that in 1973, after my daughter was born. Prior to that, using the laundromat wasn't too bad but with an infant and a full-time job I just didn't have the time. I lived in a mobile home at that time, and the laundromat was in a shopping center, not very close. So, I got the "portable" washer and mini-dryer. It was fine for my needs. BTW, they were avocado green--popular then. :lol:

Over the years I had two versions of portable washer (only one dryer) and both were white.

Another color from that era was coppertone.

Don't hang it outside... you know how creepers get.... :shock: Taking swim suits.... :ugh: God only knows what else.... I lived in my first apartment ( only apartment ) when I was 18.... had that public laundry room... I left for 30 minutes! I came back and all my panties were missing from the dryer!!! So disturbing!!! Never again.... never again! I always required a washer and dryer in my place after that.... Now that I have my condo it's in here, but apartment or whatever, it MUST have a washer and dryer, no more missing panties for me!!! :ugh: So creepy!!! :ugh: They were cute panties too!!! There were at least 4 pairs of Victoria Secrets in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO ANGRY! :mad2: :pissed:

God no! I don't trust shared appliances for obvious reasons. We have a washer/dryer all-in-one unit tucked in a laundry closet adjacent to a water heater. I use a bathroom rack to hang my personal things, never mind the balcony to advertise who lives in my apt unit! :P

A really old one. I think we hav had it fir like 15 or 16 years now.

I know the number of people in the family makes a real difference in the number of loads done. But. . . (I hope I am not speaking too soon) as a single person I am using a set that is about 20 years old give or take a year or so. I hang underwear on a small rack because of elastic but virtually everything else goes in the dryer to avoid picking up things that would bother allergy if hung outside.

Don't hang it outside... you know how creepers get.... :shock: Taking swim suits.... :ugh: God only knows what else.... I lived in my first apartment ( only apartment ) when I was 18.... had that public laundry room... I left for 30 minutes! I came back and all my panties were missing from the dryer!!! So disturbing!!! Never again.... never again! I always required a washer and dryer in my place after that.... Now that I have my condo it's in here, but apartment or whatever, it MUST have a washer and dryer, no more missing panties for me!!! :ugh: So creepy!!! :ugh: They were cute panties too!!! There were at least 4 pairs of Victoria Secrets in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO ANGRY! :mad2: :pissed:

When I lived in Berkeley I would hang my laundry out to dry , and I hung up a bedspread that had very bright color on it and some ass**%## stole it. I was pissed off. I felt like putting a sign up saying "To whomever stole my bedspread I hope you get my scabies ." I DID NOT have scabies , I just wanted to freak the ass out.

my dad giving me speech lessons on counting to 3, " one, two ,tree" really stuck with me. I got some gas today and told the guy I was at pump 'tree' and he smiled and said pump 'tree' . I go this gas station all the time and it did not bother me . But it got me thinking of dad's speech lessons. Dad would be happy to know I still say 3 like he did in his Russian accent.

I remember as a small boy figuring out that my Dad was interested in the fact that I struggled with the same words the he had struggled with as a small boy...genetics at work I guess. I wish I had gotten more of his sharp mind than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back