What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 10:22pm here, Friday night :)

yep, I am from the future :lol:

Would a cat get interested in bible if you left it open and left cat nip next to it? Would a cat take break from playing with cat nip and check out the bible? Maybe cat will get hooked up to God's words.

Would a cat get interested in bible if you left it open and left cat nip next to it? Would a cat take break from playing with cat nip and check out the bible? Maybe cat will get hooked up to God's words.

Dude, the cat IS God. :lol:

What a long, busy month August was. 3 shows (stage crew), after-show dinner-dance, trip to Utah (2 travel days and 6 days visiting), youngest daughter starting college. Did I forget anything?

The days are getting shorter which is making it harder for me to get up in the mornings especially since I now that I need to get up an 1/2 hr earlier so I can drop my daughter off near her classes 3 days a week on my way to work (actually, I pass my work on the way to drop her off).

Am thinking about what happened late yesterday evening at McDonald's, roughly a 1/2 mile from where I live....A 30 yr. old man walked into McD's and ordered a McFlurrie....sat down at a table....there were about 15 people in the restaurant at the time....

After a few minutes, he said..."I'm tired of this shit!"....took out a gun and blew himself off in the head....He's dead....Patrons and employees were running, thinking he was gonna shoot everyone....

Needless to say, it kept me up all night (could not sleep)....

23 million people out of work, unemployed....food and gas prices are skyrocketing....people struggling to make it day by day....The economy is going to hell....

Am thinking about what happened late yesterday evening at McDonald's, roughly a 1/2 mile from where I live....A 30 yr. old man walked into McD's and ordered a McFlurrie....sat down at a table....there were about 15 people in the restaurant at the time....

After a few minutes, he said..."I'm tired of this shit!"....took out a gun and blew himself off in the head....He's dead....Patrons and employees were running, thinking he was gonna shoot everyone....

23 million people out of work, unemployed....food and gas prices are skyrocketing....people struggling to make it day by day....The economy is going to hell....
There were so many suicides in 1929, successful businessmen who lost everything jumping off buildings...

Hopefully it will turn around for the better soon.

Woah, i am sorry to hear you had to witness that.... :( So sad for him..

Economy is pretty bad these days, gas are ridiculous. Food prices are slowly raising. Let's not even talk about rent/bills. I have a little hope that everything will get better though.

I hope you feel better RR. There are many people here you can talk to about this if you need to vent. I am here for ya.

i was feeling relativly good until i read these posts about suicides and dereks cat reading the bible as he had splif of catnip,so not sure what i thinking

Wirelessly posted

Thinking of this long Labor day weekend :) spending time w mio amor , Zumba and sleeping in!

After reading RR's post I was thinking of how we arrived at this state and where we are heading. First of all, over the ages man has been trying to create a place of utopia. Because of differences of opinion man has failed at every attempt. What many do not realize is that there once truly was a place off utopia. It wasn't until man (and woman) chose to eat from the tree of knowledge and good and evil that they were given the opportunity to create their own vision of utopia. Here we are ~10,000 years later and have not been successful. It is sad to realize man's attempt has failed and will continue to fail until the end off time. There is hope. It is our creator who has paid for our mistakes and given us the chance to choose again. Utopia awaits...

i went to para olympics it was most magical thing i ever seen and in that part of london it misery and crime,but the games have changed it..these games different to anything i seen b4 everyone happy... we praying this feel good factor remains it just been magical

I'm thinking there was a really brainless guy driving the cement truck today. Keep in mind, my yard flooded and was underwater for 2-3 days. Just went down yesterday, but is still very wet. Concrete truck came and poured the concrete for the back patio and A/C pad, BUT, managed to get stuck in the yard. The driver's side front tire sunk down half the depth of the tire. It took a HUGE tow truck to pull it out. Seems, when we had a huge tree stump pulled out, the hole was not packed when filled and that's where the tire sunk. Now, we only hope that the electric company coming out does not have to drive in the yard also.

**Misunderstood son and mother. It was not a tow truck that pulled it out, it was another cement truck that did it.

Last edited:
There were so many suicides in 1929, successful businessmen who lost everything jumping off buildings...

Hopefully it will turn around for the better soon.

This is so, so true. I like to believe that the media plays a huge role in making things sound so much worse then they actually are. Like Bott said this all happened many, many years ago, but we didn't have this type of media outlet to dwell on things over and over!!! Sometimes I think it is a good idea to turn off the news and give your brain a break.:hmm:

I am reall sorry RR, that is just way to close to home. I can understand feeling pretty hopeless at times like this.:angel: p.s. if you ever want to get a way for awhile, you can come visit me!!!:wave:

Im thinkin I need to get off here and look at local highschool football scores. Night, freaks!

That I really want to go back to sleep. I have been awake since 4am. Getthg sleeoy, getting sleepy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back