What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about my test on Monday. I am nervous! :)

I am thinking about going to bed. It's been a long day. I just got home from work and I'm beat.

Thinking about how cool it would be to have a white Halloween.

I thinking somethings gotta give soon,. I'm not sure how many more nights I can go on only 2 hours sleep.

GO GATORS! Florida 7, Georgia a big fat -0-....great day for Football! Nice & cool....

Have you tried taking Melatonin?

Hadn't thought of that. Might be worth a shot. Have to make sure I have no reaction to it. (Allergic to so many things including half the medicines out there.)

I did take sleeping pills each night, but still no sleep.

Hadn't thought of that. Might be worth a shot. Have to make sure I have no reaction to it. (Allergic to so many things including half the medicines out there.)

I did take sleeping pills each night, but still no sleep.

Your body produced Melatonin naturally which signals your brain to sleep. The pill form is a synthetic form of it. The ones I use are Schiff brand Melatonin Ultra. They are the 3mg tablets that also contain Theamine, GABA, cellulose, modified corn starch, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, magnesium trisillicate, silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, and 'natural flavor'. Hopefully you aren't allergic to those things or at least not react to them if they are in low dosages.

You might try a different brand or an herbal alternative to synthetic Melatonin.

Good luck!!

Wirelessly posted

But at work? By my boss? Not so sure... Plus we're all dressed up today for our Halloween party. I'm a black cat he mentioned that I should be a playboy bunny then it went from there.

wow, be careful. If you let it slide, it probably will happen again. :-/

The health food stores sell 3 mg melatonin and the dosage should be 1 mg. Chop the pills in half.

The health food stores sell 3 mg melatonin and the dosage should be 1 mg. Chop the pills in half.

But that's still approximately 1.5mg.

I am sure there are 1mg dosage pills. If the normal dosage is 1mg, then most drug stores would offer it in this dosage. The 3mg are for those who don't produce enough melatonin on their own that signals the brain to sleep. I take one dose a night. Sometimes I sleep good, sometimes I don't. But I've noticed my insomnia isn't as wild as it used to be.

I haven't been able to find 1 mg here. I don't think that an extra 1/5 mg would hurt you. I recently researched to dosage because my teen needed to take it. So far, he's doing fine with that dose. Maybe some of the medical people here can offer more info?

I haven't been able to find 1 mg here. I don't think that an extra 1/5 mg would hurt you. I recently researched to dosage because my teen needed to take it. So far, he's doing fine with that dose. Maybe some of the medical people here can offer more info?

Where did you get that? 1 to 5 mg depending on reaction is what I have read.

Any drug maker must offer a regular dose form for those who need just low-doses.

There's low-dose aspirin for those who take aspirin regularly as a blood thinner. (81mg)

Then there's extra strength aspirin for those who don't take it often but use it primarily as a pain reliever, this is usually a higher but safe dose of aspirin.

Drug companies cannot go over a certain limit per dosage as per FDA which regulates these.

If a company is selling a high dosage medicine that is over the FDA limits, then you can bet your bippy that they're going to get the hammer sooner rather than later.

Thinking that I am so behidn with AD that I need more than a full day to catch up! Been busy busy all week. :)

Hope everyone is doing good!

Dixie, melatonin is not considered a drug. It's not regulated by the FDA. It's considered a dietary supplement in the U.S. Technically, I think that it's a neurohormone. You'd think that it would be a good idea to regulate something like that but the U.S. is often lax.

I found the 1 mg dosage recommendation in a medical journal online. My hubby was taking 3 mg when I found it. He cut back to 1 mg because there's no sense in taking more than is needed.

worrying about tomorrow.. i hope the internet doesn't go out :/ heard it will be VERY windy..and i have stuff for English, History & Anthropology that's due tomorrow. damnit

7-4 Vancouver over Washington! Suck it Capitals!

Last edited:
I'm thinking that I should be finishing my composition project and yet I'm reading the relationship section non-stop -.-"" /not a very good idea. Plus it's 2:30 am and I gotta go to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back