What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 5 years ago, so I think yes. (I think they're good for 10 years, right?)

Hope your hubby's hand turned out okay!

They are good for 10 years. And he doesn't even have much of a scar. He ran a butcher knife almost all the way through his hand when separating frozen turkey burgers.

It was really scary, but I guess the doctor did a good job stitching it since it isn't scarred.

How badly I cut my finger tonight cutting onions. It will be okay! My SO wanted to take me to the ER -- he thought it might need a stitch or two. But I kept it elevated and wrapped; the bleeding has stopped. So I think it'll be fine. It's one of those "it looks worse than it really is", I think.

Happened to me last week on the last day of work when I was cutting bagels that my boss bought for all of us. She brought her knife and she usually has the top of line things so the knife was top quality and very very sharp. Cut my finger and blood spurted all over the place. I had to fill out all kinds of paperwork because it happened at work. The cut is still healing. They wanted me to go to the ER and I was like , "Hello..on my last day with my students? No". Turned out, it was a small cut and I was fine after 30 mins.

Hope you are ok! :)

You have a current tetanus shot? My husband had to have one when he ran a kitchen knife into his palm.

I remember I know my grandma is happened knife on palm reason, it is not serious, because case on hand hold!, doctor fix on snitch my grandma is very pain! I remember long time!

Once long ago when I was working as a cook someplace, I saw a guy try to pick up a big roast beef out of the pan on the floor in front of the oven. He used a couple two-pronged forks, strained to lift, then WHAP! He stuck a fork into the side of his face, into his tongue. I was frozen in place for forever, lol. Anyway, he told me that he thought he "spoke like a deaf person" for weeks afterward.

I am thinking this is going to be a super busy week for me and my DD!!

I read that as being on a parked car grill. :lol:

Lol. The parking lot is the only place where I can grill. I would much rather grill on a lawn but that's all I have. I have a portable silver Webster grill.

Not to be insensitive or judgmental, but why is it ok for you to put a vomiting emoticon on the same post?? :hmm:

oh just pointing out a hypocrisy on one's part

is thinking that June has been a very very very busy month for me and so will July :dizzy:

Looking forward to one of my favorite holidays! July 4th! *celebrate*

About 5 years ago, so I think yes. (I think they're good for 10 years, right?)

Hope your hubby's hand turned out okay!
Yes, 10 years. I get mine on birthdays ending in zero so it's easy to remember.

Thanks for the reminder Botti - seems the time period passed for my family to get new shots. For hubby, 10 years, me, 11 years, for kids they haven't had a tetanus shot since their booster when they were babies.
I put reminders in my PDA...no way I can remember 10 years. :shock:

Yes, 10 years. I get mine on birthdays ending in zero so it's easy to remember.

That's a very good idea! I just had a birthday that ends in zero so maybe I should just go get another one.

Once long ago when I was working as a cook someplace, I saw a guy try to pick up a big roast beef out of the pan on the floor in front of the oven. He used a couple two-pronged forks, strained to lift, then WHAP! He stuck a fork into the side of his face, into his tongue. I was frozen in place for forever, lol. Anyway, he told me that he thought he "spoke like a deaf person" for weeks afterward.

Well, now I'm even more afraid of cooking! :shock:

is thinking that June has been a very very very busy month for me and so will July :dizzy:

July 4th I will be Scalloping!! I will be in the water with my mask and snorkle. :D

Thinking... about how much fun it will be.

Wirelessly posted

Babyblue said:

July 4th I will be Scalloping!! I will be in the water with my mask and snorkle. :D

Thinking... about how much fun it will be.

I want to join! :lol:

I'm thinking I can't believe this is the last week of the month already. This past week for me has flown right by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back