What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something new I learned. I never knew bats need to be broken in for regular use. :lol: Sounds like baseball-language.

The composite bats are the opposite of bats just 10 years ago. Those bats were hot day one and went down with use. Composite bats rely on flex and have to be "stretched" also has to do with what is on the inside of the bat. That has to be broken down to create more flex.

The composite bats are the opposite of bats just 10 years ago. Those bats were hot day one and went down with use. Composite bats rely on flex and have to be "stretched" also has to do with what is on the inside of the bat. That has to be broken down to create more flex.

Interesting!

No, I have never posted on softballfans.com. I am not telling anyone what to do, Im sharing my experiences with specific equipment used in specific conditions. Whats wrong with that? I am content with my equipments and my investment therein. Everyone has their own quirky preferences, most ball players will admit that. But also I am interested in some feedback from my friends that I play with about their equipment. We test and definately go back and forth with bats in practices. When it comes to game everyone to his own preference to make that person feel comfortable and highest level of confidence.

Yeah everybody is different for sure. I know one guy that has identical Mikens....one for BP and one for Games.

As for feedback.... My bats didn't arrive in Portland and I had to borrow from team. I prefer the blue Stealth IMX 26oz. They didn't have any. At BP I picked up a Mutant (blue and gold) Loved it. After BP I noticed it was a 28.5oz. I crushed the ball all weekend. I am looking for a few of them now.

Will be going back to a heavier bat next year for sure.

well - Doug, PFH, and TXGolfer... I don't think all of you are right or wrong about softball bats. Everybody's got different method. If it works for you, cool beano.

Same thing for us gun owners. We all have different methods of cleaning & lubricating guns. Some use WD-40 and swear by it. Some use MPro.

well - Doug, PFH, and TXGolfer... I don't think all of you are right or wrong about softball bats. Everybody's got different method. If it works for you, cool beano.

Same thing for us gun owners. We all have different methods of cleaning & lubricating guns. Some use WD-40 and swear by it. Some use MPro.

I agree. I wasn't agruing..... Discussing. Here most people rush out into cold weather to hit. Texas cold weather and Utah cold weather are a tad different though. :lol:

That is SO true Jiro! Haha, I could definately learn a thing or two about guns and gun care. It is funny when we get real particuar the more we learn and experience stuff. I do very much get into softball and equipment and it is fun for me as hobby. Softball has helped me escape my baseball fix in last 7 years. I was very much the same way (must have been frustrating for my parents) with baseball stuff. I even got my own lathe to make my OWN ash wood bats. (pshyco I know)

Everyone who gets involved with hobby will seek out equipment or technology to help give them some sort of competetive edge. But in the end no equipment will supplement endured practice, conditioning, fundamental skills, and mind preparation.

:lol: I don't find them very attractive so i would be tempted to buy a gun and practice my targeting skills on those lawn decorations. I don't think ti will go over well with my neighbors though. :giggle:

hahaha I've only seen target deer like this one
McKenzie Quartering Deer Target
or Christmas ones that light up. Maybe it's a regional thing, there's a lot of deer and hunters in Maine

Yeah. Just that the guys over at Softballfans will take care of their bats much more than they take care of their wives, first born son, daughter, houses, etc.. Its unreal.

I'm just glad I have a bat that has lasted me way more than 30,000 hits easily.

Really? I grew up a die hard softball player but my bats never came first before my friends and family. lol

is very relieved from the dentist appointment - dentist is my bestfriend!

..and I'll be seeing plentyful of laughters here...:ugh:

I am thinking about what the heck is Spice..

Really? I grew up a die hard softball player but my bats never came first before my friends and family. lol

That's because you played fastpitch. Contact is difficult but when you make contact the ball will go. It's all about hand/eye

In slow pitch there is no momentum to the pitch so the bat makes a big difference. As does strength

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Chevy57, if Ohio is boring..why are there about 11 million people living there in the first place?
because there are that a lot of boring people out there! ohio isn't in the top 3 of largest states anyway.

because there are that a lot of boring people out there! ohio isn't in the top 3 of largest states anyway.

It's not just boring...... the weather is horrible, they don't have NHL hockey. they don't have pro football (yes they have they Bengals and Browns.....but I said PRO football) and have you seen the women of Ohio? :barf:

Chevy....you should get that Chevy rolling out of there pronto.

:lol: j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back