What Are You Reading Right now?

I just picked up the first book of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. SO far seems to be good.

I just finished the 13th book of the series. The story can get drawn out at times because of the magnitude of characters that become involved, but it is imo the best fantasy series there is. I am not looking forward to waiting till March 2012 for the final book of the series.

I plan to start reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It is the first book of his new The Stormlight Archive series. I have read everything by Sanderson since he took over The Wheel of Time and I got to say this man has a way of creating some of the most interesting storys there are.

The Ballad of Blind Tom: Slave pianist. America's Lost Musical Genius. About an autistic black slave who is blind but his ability as a musician by playing the piano was discovered at age 4. A musical savant. A fascinating read...about 1/4 way thru.

Just begun, The School of Fear about a summer school for children with extreme phobias.

A comedy.

a journey in the deaf world, harlan lane.......

Ah no. Geez.. I'm reading Caros Mot profitable Holdem advice. One of the newer books in my poker library.

I also got Moonshine - Im planning to open my own distillery, and this is the 4th book i bought on it. It's a light reading that caters to my strengths.. Visual Strengths (ha) with pictures and all.

I finished Talk Talk

It was awful. Typical TC Boyle bullshit, except this time it's personal because he was meddling in a subject he doesn't belong. He obviously did little research about deafness before writing this and didn't even have a real deaf person crosscheck it after the fact.

The main character is so contrived, and really her being deaf does not serve any necessary function in the book. Boyle just wanted to appropriate something "exotic" and use it to try and make his shitty storyline more interesting. It didn't work.

If anyone wants to read a book about a deaf character written by a clueless hearing person, this is the one for you! :roll:

LLBean catalog! Gets me in the Christmas spirit. :)

Of Such Small DIfferences By Joanne Greenridge. About a deaf-blind man. Honestly, it's a bit boring so far...

The Egg of the Glak and Other Stories by Harvey Jacobs.

Back