What Are You Reading Right now?

The objects of social science, by Montuschi, E.

IMAG0002_zpsedfe97a2.jpg

i have to read this....

I am a bookaholic, am on a thrift store bag of variety just bought, reading Dilbert's Management Handbook by Scott Adams, nice change from seriousness

yep. movies are cool, but sometimes books are better, imagination is in YOUR control not the directors'....

i mean how the story 'LOOKS' in your mind is up to your imagination...

Well well that's indeed true, but you can still do that with movies.

Although you're right about movies, you're very far from being in control and with books, you're not in complete control as it tells you what to think about. Now, if you like a concept so much from either a book or movie, you'll use that concept in your fantasy and with that, you're in complete control. Movies can help you use your imagination by making up your own fantasy with an idea from a movie like all those retarded short stories written by fans of certain things. Fan Fiction is one example on Wikipedia.

Re-reading "Coldheart Canyon" by Clive Barker. Part Hollywood satire - part ghost story.
It's very good, though not one of his very best.
Thing is with Clive Barker.. He's an Artist and Imagineer at heart - no-one creates worlds like he does, he just needs the right medium.

Ha a book about g-spot? That was funny.

Anyway yesterday I was so incredibly bored and being not a daily reader, I got a couple books to read. First was "In the Dark of the Night" by John Saul and one page (and I mean really one page) later, I closed the book and find something else. Second book was "The Future of Us" I already read to halfway maybe last year so I start reading from where I stopped and then I closed the book once again. Now third book was The Catcher in the Rye and start reading and reading and I finished the book in one waking time (I must admit it was the first time I ever finish read a novel in a single day). Now what do I think of the book? The written style is awesome, it's like reading a journal book. And the story itself is good. Some part of it was boring but at the same time I wish I could walk around the town and interact with people because my life is so damn boring that it's not even writing a journal about. Anyway the book is good and I'm glad I at least read a book.

John Saul's earlier works are excellent. His newer ones aren't so great. I've read all of his older books and they are suspense novels. His writing is excellent. My faves are:

Cry for the Strangers
God Project
Suffer the Children
When the Wind Blows
Comes the Blind Fury

just sick of reading...if anything its paddy ladd's understanding deaf culture, err,.. its an ok book but badly organised...

I'm reading "The Submissive" by Tara Sue Me. I know it's not Deaf related but I saw the comment and just wanted to share what I'm reading now.

I'm reading "The Submissive" by Tara Sue Me. I know it's not Deaf related but I saw the comment and just wanted to share what I'm reading now.

if you poke thru this thread about 'wot ra weede'" there hardly much talks about deaf-related subjects...so nuttin wong!! LOL

I saw that there are several mentions about being such a bookaholic, count me in because I love books so much that I would devour them in a heartbeat (in figuratively speaking).

And pardon me for joining in one of small debates over versions of stories from books and movies, I would like to say: Harry Potter. It is a nice example of what can movies strengthen fellows' imagination whenever they could not imagine or simply do not have enough informations to envision the world from the book.

Anywho, the current books I am reading are:

Framed Ink: Drawing and Compositions for Visual Storytellers by Marcos Mateu-Mestre
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist
and Irish Fairy Tales by James Stephens and illustrated by Arthur Rackham.

Ah, I'm brushing up on another Advanced Medical Terminology class, so I'm reading....... ADVANCED MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY V! WhOOooOoOoooo!!! Exciting stuff..... minus the exciting part.... :ugh:

Ah, I'm brushing up on another Advanced Medical Terminology class, so I'm reading....... ADVANCED MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY V! WhOOooOoOoooo!!! Exciting stuff..... minus the exciting part.... :ugh:

LOL
bet that's heady stuff...

I want to read that one. Right now I am reading Attack on Titan, Mirai Nikki, Blue Exorcist, Hanagai..and forgot what other once

I am re-reading a book of my son's called Dragon-Rider.

Back