What are you getting for Mom?

MSmiles

Reaction score
It's almost Mother's Day, in the U.S.
What will you be giving?

I want to give something different than my usual card, dinner, or a shopping spree, or a kitchen utensil she has been eyeing.

ideas?

I think I will be giving Mom a fragrant bouquet of her favorite flowers with all sharp points removed and with tiny bells attached. She is practically blind now. And oh yeah, hugs. Oodles of 'em.

Take her to nice little bed and breakfast place . My mom would always say how cute a little hotel looked when we drove by it. I wish I had taken mom there for mother day. My mom dies in 2008 at the age of 93 yo.
We always took mom out to eat at a place she liked.

I would get her something interesting from flea market or speciality store. It gets boring running to Target. I want to be unique.

We sent my mother in law a scarf for accessorizing from llbean. (90 year old anorexic so no candy.)

Usually you can't go wrong with llbean, almost nobody dislikes it.

For my stepmother , probably will take her a turtleneck and some candy. I have many family just as weird as I am. Turtlenecks are all she wears year around so I know she will like it. :)

My mom is deceased, as are all our grandmothers.

TCS's mom lives far away so we'll wire a floral bouquet to her. TCS will be visiting her later this month.

For my mom a new tv and a perfume. For my grandma she has been asking another dish tank (yup she loves fish too) so probably that. Also between my cousins and i we are making a party for my mom, aunts and grandma. Just we celebrate the 10th and also in morning we go to cemetery be ause its day one of my aunts passed away

My mom the Matriarch of us 7 siblings, 16 grandchildren, 3 great grandchildren plus all the spouses, step kids, boy and girl friends deserves the very best. She gets a lot of "stuff" so I try to do something where I take her out for a whole day. Manicure, pedicure, shopping, lunch or whatever it is she wants to do. I love her so very much and am so proud to have her as my mom. I strive to be the type of mother that she has been to me.

My mamma is gone since 1961...so guessing my thoughts are about all I can give or send....RIP...

I usually get her the Crabtree and Evelyn soaps she likes or a DVD of Downtown Abbey. She's usually very tight lipped about what she wants. Mostly she's happy when I clean the kitchen cabinets or the bathrooms....

Laura

I usually get her the Crabtree and Evelyn soaps she likes or a DVD of Downtown Abbey. She's usually very tight lipped about what she wants. Mostly she's happy when I clean the kitchen cabinets or the bathrooms....

Laura

Can I adopt you for Mother's Day? :)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

My mom the Matriarch of us 7 siblings, 16 grandchildren, 3 great grandchildren plus all the spouses, step kids, boy and girl friends deserves the very best. She gets a lot of "stuff" so I try to do something where I take her out for a whole day. Manicure, pedicure, shopping, lunch or whatever it is she wants to do. I love her so very much and am so proud to have her as my mom. I strive to be the type of mother that she has been to me.

Wow huge family!!!

If things go right, and I get my grandkids this week, I'll have my kids help the grandkids make butterfly footprints on a clay pot, then buy some plant to put in it. She loves African violets, so I'll probably do that. That way, she'll be getting something from 3 generations in one gift. I know, sounds cheesy. I'm into homemade stuff or pictures. Lol.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using AllDeaf App mobile app

I know I'm boring. I'm mailing her out a card. I'm visiting her later on in the week on my vacation

Unfortunately my mom lives 3,000 miles away so I got a card and I will send her something from winecountrygiftbasket.com . She loves their stuff. That is a great great company for sending gifts. No, not all of the baskets include wine...just optional. Reasonable prices as well.

Dunno, probably a voucher to her favorite decoration shop

My mom loves cards and she likes to try different fragrant lotions and soaps, so often I do that; sometimes I may take her out to eat or get her a gift card to a local bookstore - she loves to read. One time I got her a gift certificate for a spa treatment.

I think reading this thread had me dreaming of my mom's house last night. I was hoping to see mom in my dream but only got as far as the back door.
I miss mom . :(

My mamma is gone since 1961...so guessing my thoughts are about all I can give or send....RIP...

242179_3797942393380_2073192278_o.jpg

Back