What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinking my cappuccino and posting here. Gonna go shower and then go visit my sick cat. Hope to bring her home tonight. We were going to go to a bingo-fest tonight but we cancelled that.

Can't remember now lol but I listen to mostly Queen, 80s' music, some instrumental like ES Posthumus (if you ever watched Cold Case tv show, their opening theme was one of their compositions). I like most music except country, gangsta rap (really almost all rap save for a few songs) and opera.

Hmm you're taste in music is very similar to mine!! Pretty much everything but country, rap and the 80s hair bands. Although I do like some country songs, like Shameless by Garth Brooks. Technically that's a Billy Joel song he redid so that might explain it lol. My favorite instruments are the bass and the sax, love love live a funky bass line. Like folky bands with lots of instruments, but love rock as well, especially the classics and 90s grunge. My all tine favs are probably Dave Matthews, Rusted Root, Red Hit Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys and Parlaiment. Morph ones Cure For Pain and Violent a Femmes Violent Femmes were probably my most played cassettes ever. Remember when you could wear them out ? Lol I went through a few tapes of those albums.

People take different paths seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your path does not mean they've gotten lost ~Dalai Lama

Stop loooooooooooking at truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks... Envy my baby and GET ONE DAMMIT! :P

I used to have the 1100 Honda Shadow(looked just like yours).....black, too and my wife had a matching colored 400 Vtwin...she didn't want the 750 cuz she thought it was too heavy........now all these years later we have a trike....its the one in my avatar...

Last edited:
I am enjoying the posts. I learned the other day reading about my favorite music genre of yesterday is called Swamp Rock Boogie ... makes me smile thinking of that name.
I did not know that Ford has the 7.3L engine in its line up again. One is enough though. I would say that up here in Alaska is the best place to find these great trucks used and kept up well. I suspect that Texas is even better though and with out the excessive run times that long cold winters inspire in diesels. I would not own one here with the diesel prices running 25 to 50 cents a gallon higher than gas all the time.

I am enjoying the posts. I learned the other day reading about my favorite music genre of yesterday is called Swamp Rock Boogie ... makes me smile thinking of that name.
I did not know that Ford has the 7.3L engine in its line up again. One is enough though. I would say that up here in Alaska is the best place to find these great trucks used and kept up well. I suspect that Texas is even better though and with out the excessive run times that long cold winters inspire in diesels. I would not own one here with the diesel prices running 25 to 50 cents a gallon higher than gas all the time.

Wouldn't the diesel turn gelatinous in your area?

Getting ready to take the kids to DC for an event called "Be an engineer" for the day at the National Museum.

The Museums in DC are amazing and free. One of my favorite places to visit. Hoping my niece gets married this year so we can go for another visit.

Have fun Shel:wave:

Laughing myself silly.

Try to help a newbie, and they bite your head off...

And people take me to task for being gruff! :P

That's about the size of it ... Owe 2k on my truck and will be paid off in April and have found myself looking at more vehicles to get a 2nd truck I don't need ugh ... I'm bad for that at one time I had 3 vehicles sitting in the drive way all tagged and insured ... I've been looking at new ford turbo diesel 4x4's this time :|

This probably will be a good lesson for you to be content with what you have. Too many people splurge on things they don't really need and find themselves in a huge financial hole.

The secret is to......live below your means!

I am currently eating some hot and spicy soup before I head into the kitchen and make some scrumptious sesame chicken!

Just curious.......how old are you?

Old to remember the days when trick or treating included neighbors baking u goodies and u bringing it home and eating it without parents worrying where it came from lol.

pick a number between legal age to drink And being too young to retire from Uncle Sam.

Wouldn't the diesel turn gelatinous in your area?

We switch to a better grade of diesel in the winter time. No. 1 diesel. It doesn't gel. I use a top end additive as well.
It can be a real mess to get caught by either a mistake or however it happens having No. 2 Diesel get all through the system at low temps. It means being determined to get the right answers from people at fueling stations that often have no idea.

Laughing myself silly.

Try to help a newbie, and they bite your head off...

And people take me to task for being gruff! :P

It just takes awhile for people to realize how wonderful you are.:giggle:

I keep my F-250 with the 7.3 in Washington for working my tree farm. I don't mind dealing with diesel on the job up here out in the cold and all but on my own time it's a hassle.
Still it is kind of weird how the diesel engine thing grabs a hold of a guy. Some things are just not to be looked at too close.

Here in the US we are being screwed hard there is diesel technology out there in the bigger world that would save billions in our auto market and even the motorcycle market as well but the drive for that is kind of like why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back