What are you doing right now? Part II

watching news all air traffic in London stuck in the air unable to land some cock up with computers...I be sh8ting myself if on one of those aircraft

I'm at the party, and the building it's in is :jaw: Fancy stuff here.

On the phone over an hour...getting car insurance for my 18 year old.....:shock:....Once he starts college he will get a "slight discount" they say....:giggle:....poor guy!...he's expected to pay 1/2 of this bill and the very 1st ticket he gets or an accident that is his fault....he's history....gotta be careful.

On the phone over an hour...getting car insurance for my 18 year old.....:shock:....Once he starts college he will get a "slight discount" they say....:giggle:....poor guy!...he's expected to pay 1/2 of this bill and the very 1st ticket he gets or an accident that is his fault....he's history....gotta be careful.

My daughter has been getting "good student" discounts from day 1. I just got the letter the other day with the form to fill out yet again. Our rates should go down when it's time to renew (early next year) as there are a few factors that should improve our "liability risk".

My daughter has been getting "good student" discounts from day 1. I just got the letter the other day with the form to fill out yet again. Our rates should go down when it's time to renew (early next year) as there are a few factors that should improve our "liability risk".

Thanks for the remind. I just noticed my auto insurance has gone up twenty dollars a month and I am driving way less. Good work on your daughters part. It takes serious driving skills to stay out of trouble around there.

I just saw THREE locomotives on a Metra train, one being a Union Pacific loco, something not commonly seen.

Waiting for the bank to open @ 9, then make my way to Navy Pier. This would be the last trip there of the year, so I'm going to make it a good one.

why is it last one?

No. They open at 9 here, close at 3. I wanted to get a jump start on heading there, as it's likely to be very busy when I do get there.

Hmm. Something I wasn't expecting-- fog. However, that does present a new challenge I've been wanting to try for a while.

Last edited:
I am going to clean my shitty boot once gain b/c some lazy ass dog owner did not pick after dog. The snow was hiding the shit . :mad: I would love to find the owner and leave a gift for them on their door step.

I am going to clean my shitty boot once gain b/c some lazy ass dog owner did not pick after dog. The snow was hiding the shit . :mad: I would love to find the owner and leave a gift for them on their door step.
That's something I'm always concerned about, too. We do our neighborhood walk everyday, sometimes after dark. We use a flashlight but that doesn't really make everything clear, especially this time of year with all the leaves on the ground. Most residents here are good about bagging their dogs' poop but there are two problem situations. One, is the corners of each street that we cross (there are several). The sidewalks don't go to the end of each corner, so we walk on grass to cross the streets. For some weird reason, there is dog poop on the grassy corners, which, of course, is harder to see than on the pavement. The second problem is dogs who poop while walking behind their owners. It's usually Labs, who can poop without breaking stride; they don't slow down or squat. If they're walking behind their humans, the humans aren't aware of what happened. I know because our male Lab used to do the same thing. Fortunately, when we used to walk him we took a route that went out and then straight back, and we knew what he did, so we could spot his trail of deposits and pick them up. Yes, I know we could have made sure that he walked in front of us but then we would have stepped in his huge poops as they shot out. He was pooping machine. :lol:

On my way to Ogilive-- with a New York Central locomotive souvenir tagging along. :P

That's something I'm always concerned about, too. We do our neighborhood walk everyday, sometimes after dark. We use a flashlight but that doesn't really make everything clear, especially this time of year with all the leaves on the ground. Most residents here are good about bagging their dogs' poop but there are two problem situations. One, is the corners of each street that we cross (there are several). The sidewalks don't go to the end of each corner, so we walk on grass to cross the streets. For some weird reason, there is dog poop on the grassy corners, which, of course, is harder to see than on the pavement. The second problem is dogs who poop while walking behind their owners. It's usually Labs, who can poop without breaking stride; they don't slow down or squat. If they're walking behind their humans, the humans aren't aware of what happened. I know because our male Lab used to do the same thing. Fortunately, when we used to walk him we took a route that went out and then straight back, and we knew what he did, so we could spot his trail of deposits and pick them up. Yes, I know we could have made sure that he walked in front of us but then we would have stepped in his huge poops as they shot out. He was pooping machine. :lol:

:giggle: about the labs! Didn't know they could do that.

:giggle: about the labs! Didn't know they could do that.
I know that mine could, and I've seen others do that, too, even last week. A teen boy was skateboarding with his Lab on a leash when all of a sudden, poop-poop.

They can just walk along, not even stop to sniff or circle around, squat or even slow down, and start pooping. It's a special talent they have. :lol:

I know that mine could, and I've seen others do that, too, even last week. A teen boy was skateboarding with his Lab on a leash when all of a sudden, poop-poop.

They can just walk along, not even stop to sniff or circle around, squat or even slow down, and start pooping. It's a special talent they have. :lol:

That's like horses, they do that too! :lol:

Back