What are you doing right now? Part II

Well, we have talked about getting one for the house. To be honest, I don't mind when we don't have power, we have lots of flashlights. What I do mind is not having water. We live out in the country and there are 6 of us who share this well, and it is electrically generated, so if we lose power we lose water. All 6 of us do. A generator doesn't help in this.

I was thinking a generator could power that well.

It's too expensive. We're talking many thousands of dollars. We make up for it by making sure we have water bottles for us and the dogs and cats it just means we can't take showers or baths.

We just wait for the power to come back on, which it will, and make do in the meantime.

Workout time! Got to keep those thighs in check:giggle:

im reading through loads and loads of leaked DNC emials....
never thought id see this kinda of stuff form the dems, making fun of blacks over their name, chiding homos...(their words)
lol
oh well, of course i did...after all they are the party of jim crow..
DNC..
mm
crazy times..should be some fun popcorn eating watching them eat themselves at their convention.. we can only hope..

i just caught a glance of clintons vp pick...
as a Canadian im proud dan akroyd is clintons vp pick...

i hope dan gets in..

i also was one of the guys who bought his crystal skull vodka bottles when he was pushing them up here in lickbowls (ontario slang for gov. liqueur stores)

go get em dan!! the white house is animal house!!
was dan in animal house....no that was belushi.......
mmm

Last edited:
AC, we have the same issue as you w/power outage and water concern <we have a well>. Last Summer power went out a couple of times when there were no storms or wind or anything obvious in our area. Most people in our rural neighborhood have generators. We also have bottled water available for this situation. *late edit* we don't have a generator, though- too expensive- recently when the power went out it about 7pm - we just went to bed. yes, I always had city water etc, too - hub, though, was born in a rural area which at the time of his birth and in his childhood, had only one stoplight. He remembers a winter storm when they had no power <meaning no heat> for a week. His family had wood burning fireplace so the adults just bundled the kids up and everyone camped out in the finished basement, which had one of the two wood burning fireplaces in the home. The parents hand-built their home on a rural road which they named.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I do too. This is a new situation for me as I always had city water and power. Being out in the country is a new adjustment for me.

Sort of struttin' my stuff...and feathering my feathers like a Flamingo....Lordy!...these 2 men want to get to know me better, asked for my email addy...and called me "dear"!...Now, if they knew how much I despised that word "Dear"....so I told them I was toooo Young for 'em!...One is 51 and the other 41...Guessing I'd better get out of this rocking chair.

Wishing I was asleep. Guess my body isn't ready yet for my normal sleep pattern.

Take my puppy outside, workout and maybe laundry . 100 degrees is the weather forecast . Time permits pool time !

Doing the oil and filter change for my suv.

reading my book, it called Waterbury Irish! pretty interesting for me since I'm more of into genealogy too! Pretty soon I'm going to make cinnamon raisin bread in bread machine, do laundry, get my things pack little by little for my trip to Massachusetts from Aug 3-7

reading my book, it called Waterbury Irish! pretty interesting for me since I'm more of into genealogy too! Pretty soon I'm going to make cinnamon raisin bread in bread machine, do laundry, get my things pack little by little for my trip to Massachusetts from Aug 3-7
You can do my laundry :lol:

Back