What are the chances of passing a driver's test?

Reaction score
My test is next week Saturday and I believe I can pass it naturally - besides the fact how negative my instructor has towards me. Anyway, I have improved a lot over four months and had my 12th lesson today and will have another one tomorrow. The turning, parallel parking, 3 point turn, speed, and all the basic is all easy and natural.

I'm a little worried about failing it and I know I can always retake it again until I pass it. I'm confident and disbelieved my instructor about "in case I failed" sort of a thing. He already mentioned my turning is good, I handled well with traffic, and everything. I just need to show more of my "awareness" around me. I guess he just doesn't know I'm actually looking around before I make my turn or anything.

Will I be able to pass my first time? How soon will I find out my driving's test? :hmm: I have heard most people have slim chances of pasting the test for the first time.

Just get a car with turbo engine, a helmet for yourself and your instructor. Floor the gas. Go for a ride!!! Have fun :). See if you pass.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

I passed my first time with only 1point (out of 50) off.

You find out if you pass or fail right away at the end of your test.

One thing I did do was make sure my tester knew I was hoh - we set up specific hand signals for left and right turns and I repeated all instructions back to him (for example he said " turn left at the stop sign", and I'd repeat back "at the next stop sign,I'll turn left"). It meant the instructor gave me instructions about a .5 to 1 block early so I'd have time to repeat instructions back.

My drivers instructor took me on the 3 drivers test routes for my testing centre in advance. This helped because I was familiar with the general route in advance. (They do this for all drivers ed students, hearing,hoh or deaf)

When I was 16 I passed right off the bat and got a perfect score. Driving really isn't as hard as people make it seem. Just relax and try to forget you're being observed and you'll do fine.

I passed on the first try.

I remember having to parallel park, but for the life of me I can't recall having to do that maneuver for many years. I don't think it is needed as much, but it depends on the area you drive in.

My test is next week Saturday and I believe I can pass it naturally - besides the fact how negative my instructor has towards me. Anyway, I have improved a lot over four months and had my 12th lesson today and will have another one tomorrow. The turning, parallel parking, 3 point turn, speed, and all the basic is all easy and natural.

I'm a little worried about failing it and I know I can always retake it again until I pass it. I'm confident and disbelieved my instructor about "in case I failed" sort of a thing. He already mentioned my turning is good, I handled well with traffic, and everything. I just need to show more of my "awareness" around me. I guess he just doesn't know I'm actually looking around before I make my turn or anything.

Will I be able to pass my first time? How soon will I find out my driving's test? :hmm: I have heard most people have slim chances of pasting the test for the first time.

I did not pass the first time because I did not hear what the cop wanted me to do. He did not care that I did not hear him! I passed the second time and I had a nicer cop . One girl did not pass as she failed to use the signal light when pulling away from the curb. Try to be relax as possible and made sure to do as said. Good luck!

Be nice to the tester. Make sure you look at your mirrors, all 3, all the time. Keep your head on a swivel so the tester will see. Just. Hope you get someone who is not too strict

I took test "Old school" and passed no problem. I am not sure about new school test.

I never took driver education classes, so can't answer your question.

Did you pass the test?

All of us at AD are sitting on the edges of our seats waiting to learn if you have passed. :)

Did you pass the test?

All of us at AD are sitting on the edges of our seats waiting to learn if you have passed. :)

Well, I just did my test today and to announce it after all of your advice that relaxed me much better!

So, I got my license! ;D I want to thank you all for the confidence and support! :dance2::h5::thumb:

Be nice to the tester. Make sure you look at your mirrors, all 3, all the time. Keep your head on a swivel so the tester will see. Just. Hope you get someone who is not too strict

I know one guy that was taking his driving test and he was asked what did the yellow light mean. and he said "go like hell!" Wrong answer!! The first cop I got was a real a jerk!

Congratulations!

Why 4 months?

What driving school did you go to?

I went to Sears driving school. It lasted a couple weeks for the sit-down classes and a month for the driving lessons. I went there 8 months before I turned 16. :)

Congratulations!

Why 4 months?

What driving school did you go to?

I went to Sears driving school. It lasted a couple weeks for the sit-down classes and a month for the driving lessons. I went there 8 months before I turned 16. :)

It's the states regulation and requirement to practice driving for at least 4 to 5 months. I went to O'days driving school, which is common here for the past 30 years or more.

It's the states regulation and requirement to practice driving for at least 4 to 5 months. I went to O'days driving school, which is common here for the past 30 years or more.
In that case, can you clarify exactly what you did and how long each part was?

As I said earlier, I went to Sears Driving School. I took it during the summer. So, I was able to go to classes every day for a couple weeks. I also had to take driving classes with an instructor... 7 or 8 lessons (don't remember).

I had to pass the written test in class before going to DPS to take the computer test before getting my learner's driving permit. With that permit, I was able to take those driving lessons. After completing all 7 or 8 classes within a month, I was "free" to learn on my own (under my dad's or mom's supervision, of course) until I turned 16. Of course, I had 8 months of practice before turning 16.

When I turned 16, I took a driving test under the supervison of a state trooper. Passed the test and got my license. :)

In that case, can you clarify exactly what you did and how long each part was?

As I said earlier, I went to Sears Driving School. I took it during the summer. So, I was able to go to classes every day for a couple weeks. I also had to take driving classes with an instructor... 7 or 8 lessons (don't remember).

I had to pass the written test in class before going to DPS to take the computer test before getting my learner's driving permit. With that permit, I was able to take those driving lessons. After completing all 7 or 8 classes within a month, I was "free" to learn on my own (under my dad's or mom's supervision, of course) until I turned 16. Of course, I had 8 months of practice before turning 16.

When I turned 16, I took a driving test under the supervison of a state trooper. Passed the test and got my license. :)

Sure, first I just studied the book like most people do and took the test at the DMV building. I passed it and had to wait a few weeks to get my permit. Then, I had VESID covering the driving school payment and O'days driving school contacted me once they got paid.

They had me to take the 5 hour course first before I could get onto the road. After that, I began to drive on the road with the instructor that my VESID hired. I used up to 16 lessons total in four months. Each lesson is about an hour of practice. I couldn't really do it much with my parents letting practice with their car since we only have one car. Until the day of my test, the instructor let me have a half an hour practice before the test and we got to the road test half an hour early. I was happy to pass it! 8D

Back