Inuyasha
Rain Wolf
Cowboy Bebop
Naruto
Peach Girl
Witch Hunter
Sailor Moon
The Last Vampire

I cant think of more animes.. still, I enjoy them. :)

Im looking forward to see the sequel to Appleseed which I believe is on dvd and blu-ray now.

The sequel to Appleseed is AMAZING. My boyfriend bought the blu-ray version to play on his ps3. It's wow... it's a really great movie. I love Briareos. :-D
I recommend to buy the movie, it's worth it.

I am glad that it was limited like that because some mangas and animes seem to go on forever and never finish. With series like that, I can sometimes lose interest.

One good example would be Inuyasha.

Tell me about it! I tend to avoid series that fall to the trap of a company just milking it, like Naruto, Bleach, etc. I enjoy the manga of these series, but the anime version just does not appeal to me. I do not wish to watch filler arcs while the manga 'catches' up.

Also, there is no such word as 'animes' or 'mangas'. It is 'anime' and 'manga'. Funny habit from Animenation.com forums where people are sensitive to the adding of a 's' to either manga or anime. LOL

For some reason I perfer reading mangas than anime.

I just find that stories in manga seems to be better written and such than it is in anime.

For some reason I perfer reading mangas than anime.

I just find that stories in manga seems to be better written and such than it is in anime.

Yea.. well.. Manga have better visual and long story to tell. Anime cut lot of scene to make brief story. It show the first concept I seen between media on Akira.

However... I'm recently read Gantz. That's interest and long shot.

Akira is a great example of the manga of a story being much better than the anime. IMO with the manga material, Otomo could make a 50 episode Akira series. But it seems he is more interested in other poojects. I believe his latest animated feature film was Steamboy. It is unfortunate Otomo has the shadow of the Akira monster he created decades ago looming over every project he does in anime.

Akira is a great example of the manga of a story being much better than the anime. IMO with the manga material, Otomo could make a 50 episode Akira series. But it seems he is more interested in other poojects. I believe his latest animated feature film was Steamboy. It is unfortunate Otomo has the shadow of the Akira monster he created decades ago looming over every project he does in anime.

I'm most impressive on how Steamboy show lot of detail on background and million object smash in air in anime. I enjoy it.

Well I haven't read Akira's manga, but only the anime, also own it and really love that movie. It's one of my favorite anime too.

Well I haven't read Akira's manga, but only the anime, also own it and really love that movie. It's one of my favorite anime too.
Another example would be Battle Angel: Alita. The manga is very detailed and covers a span of years behind Alita. They even have a sequel for the manga as well.

The anime only covers the first 2 volumes of the manga. Another director is now working on a live action version that covers the first 3 volumes of the manga. It is said that the director will do it as a trilogy. I don't know if he means that each part is each volume or each part is every 3 volumes. :dunno:

Another example would be Battle Angel: Alita. The manga is very detailed and covers a span of years behind Alita. They even have a sequel for the manga as well.

The anime only covers the first 2 volumes of the manga. Another director is now working on a live action version that covers the first 3 volumes of the manga. It is said that the director will do it as a trilogy. I don't know if he means that each part is each volume or each part is every 3 volumes. :dunno:

Well there are some of movies that summarized lot of espodies like Akira, also other example, X (I own all volumes of X, including the movie and the Japanese manga), but my opinion, it doesn't matter because they are good to me :)

Well there are some of movies that summarized lot of espodies like Akira, also other example, X (I own all volumes of X, including the movie and the Japanese manga), but my opinion, it doesn't matter because they are good to me :)
You talking about Samurai X? That's based on the Rurouni Kenshin series.

I finished DearS a few days ago.

Now, I'm watching Trinity Blood. I will soon be watching Flame of Recca.

Are you talking about the director as James Cameron behind Aliens and Terminator 2?

If so, I have not hear much about his project lately which I think should be all done around next year.

Who knows...?

Are you talking about the director as James Cameron behind Aliens and Terminator 2?

If so, I have not hear much about his project lately which I think should be all done around next year.

Who knows...?
Yes. According to IMdb, it will be released in June 2009. That's a little over a year away.

I wonder how it will do. Sometimes, live action from anime work out... sometimes not.

But then again, with all the new CGI stuff we've got going on... it could be good. :dunno:

i watched few anime and own some too like DearS and some others i cant remmy since i am big fan of anime i have alot of mangas but i wud like to watch called "wallflower" i am curious abt it ^^

I just finished Trinity Blood. Wow... good series!

It's a mix between Trigun and Hellsing. :)

If I have to choose any anime that relates to horror, I definetly go for Vampire Hunter D.

I liked the 1984 orginal theaterical version which is an instant classic along with the sequel Vampire Hunter D : Blood Lust in 2001.

Both are great indeed.

Back