what a reaction!

TAMI SAM

Reaction score
I sent my best friend 2 things from my space to understand what a CI. is. She wrote back O MY GOD!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! Ive never seen anything so freakin scary(sorry for language) well sheesh dont hold anything back! I really dont care what the hell it looks like Ive got long hair anyway.I'd put a freakin cornacoppia to my head to hear.I'm so frustrated.Anyone have these reactions?Also did anyone find out about meningitis shots-I know deafMama wasnt sure.

I sent my best friend 2 things from my space to understand what a CI. is. She wrote back O MY GOD!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! Ive never seen anything so freakin scary(sorry for language) well sheesh dont hold anything back! I really dont care what the hell it looks like Ive got long hair anyway.I'd put a freakin cornacoppia to my head to hear.I'm so frustrated.Anyone have these reactions?Also did anyone find out about meningitis shots-I know deafMama wasnt sure.

No, not really. I'm a guy who wears very short hair and makes the CI more noticeable. Personally, I couldn't give a flip what people think and most people get used to it mighty quick and go on their merry way (well they stop worrying about it when I don't act like the Terminator :D). Your friend's reaction is typical of those who maybe doesn't handle change too well. Give it time and once they see you still are your normal self (maybe with much better hearing) and things calm down.

Last edited:
[Q[/B].Anyone have these reactions?Also did anyone find out about meningitis shots-I know deafMama wasnt sure.[/QUOTE]

I had some reactions from 2 people I know very well & they are very against it and are sadly to say disapointed in me for my decision to get CI, but yanno what? I don't give a damn. :D I don't even have long hair anymore, I did until 2 yrs ago when I let them cut 10" off to donate it to Locks of Love. Heh. I just had my hair cut the other day and it's now shoulder length. Which is what I wanted, that way when I do have my CI surgery in 4 wks, the shaved part will catch up to my shoulder faster then I can get it cut again all evenly. :]

I talked with my Audi about the Meningitis shot, she said that they do give the shots shortly before surgery but mostly it's for those who are young & those who are getting the AB implant? Also I think she said that it depends on the patient, but I will be getting mine.

ditto.. same thing happened to me back then now we are friends.. just be cool and be the same and be who you are :D they relitize that i'm not changing personally towards that when i get mine 2 years ago.

Yep, that's what I'm doing too. I'll just wait 'til they know that I'm still the same ol' me regardless of the CI and will still be using sign language & go to some deaf events/socials. :] It'll be fine! :]

Don't worry about it - I'm female and wear my hair in a pixie cut (SUPER short in the back/sides) and you can see the transmitter coil and you know what? I'M PROUD!!! If they have problems - its their problem LOL! Don't let it get to you - they're just trying to get a rise out of you.

When Im working (cooking) I must wear my hair up and my hearing aid is exposed. Most people look at my aid and then start talking very slowly for me. I think it works in my favor and I don't have to explain that Im deaf and read lips. I suppose when and if I get the CI, I will get the same reaction and treatment from people. I can not allow myself to worry what people think! Hugs, Suzi

Back