Wendy's bets on 'drive-thru' only

illustrator

Reaction score
Wendy's bets on 'drive-thru' only
Fast-food chain skips indoor dining, opens 9 stores with only drive-through and walk-up windows.
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Wendy's is betting on a new store format that will make its fast food even faster by eliminating the dining room altogether, the company's North American chief told Reuters on Thursday.

In a nod to Americans' love of convenience, the No. 3 U.S. hamburger chain has opened nine stores with no indoor seating and various configurations of drive-through and walk-up windows. Four to five more are planned to open before the end of the year.

cont on article...

:cry: Wendy's have goes mad!
I guess we, hearing impaired, will give hard time on Wendy's.

Looks like Wendy's are trying to get us more FAT by offering us only one choice which is to stay in car and grab food on the way. No need to get out of the car and walk into the resturant.

No wonder Americans are the fattest folks in the world. I can still hear my grandparents words in my mind "We had to walk a mile to get eggs or milk"...

Meg said:
Looks like Wendy's are trying to get us more FAT by offering us only one choice which is to stay in car and grab food on the way. No need to get out of the car and walk into the resturant.

No wonder Americans are the fattest folks in the world. I can still hear my grandparents words in my mind "We had to walk a mile to get eggs or milk"...

"after we got home, eggs and milk @#$% rotten already!"

Hmm... this could be successful. We have a place in Texas called Burger Street. It's a drive-thru only burger restaurant. In fact, it's got two drive-thrus... one on the left and one on the right of the building. They do have seats inside, but only enough for 4 to 6 people... which nobody ever uses anyway. The only thing they have to clean up is the footprints that people leave when they walk in and out. Heh!

VamPyroX said:
Hmm... this could be successful. We have a place in Texas called Burger Street. It's a drive-thru only burger restaurant. In fact, it's got two drive-thrus... one on the left and one on the right of the building. They do have seats inside, but only enough for 4 to 6 people... which nobody ever uses anyway. The only thing they have to clean up is the footprints that people leave when they walk in and out. Heh!

umm... Burger Street does have eat-in. It's quite small, indeed...

illustrator said:
umm... Burger Street does have eat-in. It's quite small, indeed...
I remember going by there to pick up some burgers for everyone at work. Only one was special ordered, by my boss. When I got there and gave them my order, I pointed out that one of them was to be specially made. My friend happened to be working there at the moment. He then asked who it was for. I told him, "For the boss... heh!" He replied, "Oh, so you want the spit-on-the-burger special? *winking*" with a sarcastic chuckle. Hehehe!

If Wendy's gonna change to that kind of layout, then it is not worth going. Sonic does it better with style and drinks.

I don't like wendy's anyways but eh.. why do that? no one wud have a place to eat? :roll: at least everyone wud stop goin to wendy's if that does happen blah. otherwise.. that's life :squint:

Meg said:

Yes, that 30 steps from your car to the inside will really help you burn the weight off you. Does it really matter if your shoving fat down your throat at home or at wendys?

illustrator said:
:cry: Wendy's have goes mad!
I guess we, hearing impaired, will give hard time on Wendy's.

Pretty much the only people this would inconvienince (sorry about the spelling) is people on vacation traveling out of state. Most people could drive in, bring the food to work, or home and eat there. Someone going from 1 state to another getting a bite to eat that has no where to eat but in their car, thats about the only people that are put out by this. I imagine that if they go to 100% drive through they will have face to face ordering for deafys or some form of touch screen.

Deaf258 said:
If Wendy's gonna change to that kind of layout, then it is not worth going. Sonic does it better with style and drinks.

Wendy's is the only best at classic bacon hamburge. Accord to Maxim magazine. :naughty: ... :o

illustrator said:
Wendy's is the only best at classic bacon hamburge. Accord to Maxim magazine. :naughty: ... :o
I always order their chicken nuggets from their dollar menu. They're crispy and cheap... just the way I want it! :thumb:

Back