"Weeds"

deafbajagal

Reaction score
I just watched the first and second seasons of "Weeds." It is not enough to say I love this show. It really has opened my eyes in some ways...and it is so funny that I actually laughed out loud (I don't typically find things on TV/movies funny).

What are your thoughts on this show? If my mother knew I was watching a show that glorified pot dealers, she would beat me with an iron skillet from California to New York.

Now I'm scraping for change in the house to see if I can rent Season 3!

*picks up a third grader and shakes him upside down for his lunch money

Last edited:
I lack Showtime/HBO so that means missing out on Weeds and Dexter but I do pick up those ridiculously overpriced TV on DVD boxsets and I have seasons 1-3 of Weeds. Season 3 being my least favorite but i have high expectations for season 4.

Californication is great also.

Last edited:
Downloaded a friend's copy of the Weeds series. Love it!~

My friend told me about this.. but I do not have HBO! :)

I love Dexter but never heard of Weeds...guess we can start watching it.

5-10 years ago it was HBO ruling things with The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, and Oz (all excellent shows) but since the sopranos has gone off the air Weeds, Dexter, and the L-word have been the dominant shows....with Weeds being my favorite as well. What a brilliant concept for a show! Seasons 1 @ 2 were too awesome for words.

Deadwood and Carnivale were fucking bad ass also!
Deadwood especially. That show was just as gritty as Oz.

Really, Kev? Do they have those shows on DVDs to be rented?

And what did you think of Dexter? Seen that yet?

Both shows were canceled after 3 seasons. Carnivale after 2. I only watched season 1.
Both are on DVD though.

Dexter is great. My roomie is the bigger fan of us but I have owned both seasns on DVD and plan to pick up season 3 when its relased

I <3 Weeds & Dexter. A big fan of both of them. I have 1-5 seasons of Weeds. I only have a 3rd season of Dexter. I am going to wait til Season 4 to come out on August 17th so I can buy it & 1 & 2.

My roommate turned me on to both Weeds and Dexter.
We used to have "marathon nights" where we would watch as many episodes of Weeds as we could before passing out. I haven't seen much of the latest season though- I need to catch up badly.
Dexter's last season had a crazy ending though. I'm not sure I want to keep watching now.

now, I no longer have Showtime, I need to buy the DVDs

Weeds, Dexter, and Californication are my three favorite tv shows (that are still currently making new episodes).

Weeds is still a great show, but has really gotten dark in the last season. I can't wait for season 4 of Dexter to be released on DVD!

Californication is also one of my favorite shows!

Yeah, I am considering buying cable with Showtime next month! =)

By the way, I am making a video of Shane Botwin & will post it on YouTube. I will give you a link to my channel when it's done. =)

Back