Wedding Plan?

The*Empress

Reaction score
What kind of wedding would you have?

Would you get married in a church? or Court, or at Las Vegas, or on cruise, or on Mt. Everett, or skydiving, or what?

What kind of marriage would you guys would like to have?

And to people who already married,
what kind of wedding did you have, was it nice?

Well I was thinking of having a cheap wedding, cause
why do I want to pay a lot of money on wedding and
God would know how much I love my future husband and
stuff...
So I wanted something like maybe on the Bahama cruise, and have a preacher on board, invite just my mom, sister, nephew, and few other close relatives.... and just have cheap catering food service....
And go honeymoon while at Bahama, and buy cheap wedding ring, not
with diamond, but maybe just gold ring. ;)

(This sounds a thread that won't go off-track or chaotic so I am putting in my two cents before something happens!)

What kind of wedding would you have?
Small. Intimate. Outdoor. On a breezy and sunny day.

Would you get married in a church? or Court, or at Las Vegas, or on cruise, or on Mt. Everett, or skydiving, or what?
No chruch! I will be outside in a backyard in a gazebo at my mil's home. She has a beautiful backyard! She wants to build a gazebo specifically for our ceremony.

What kind of marriage would you guys would like to have?
A good, healthy, loving, and LONG marriage!

:ily:
C and I decide to have a vegetarian-only buffet-- NO MEATS. No open-bar or any alcoholic drinks. So we definitely will screen out a lot of friends who we know will mop around, "I wanna to eat a hotdog... and drink a beer!"
We are thinking abotu Indian cuisine or a Thai cuisine from "Sipz" which is a thai vegetarian resturants that serve only tofu etc that it could fool anybdoy thinking they are eating chicken when they are actually eating TOFU!

i was married at courthouse cuz of cheaper...

will i getting marry again?? hell no! i wont!

Miss*Pinocchio said:
...what kind of wedding did you have, was it nice?
It was nice for us. :)

We were married in a small Navy Chapel. The Chaplain performed the service. Hubby had a best man, and I had a maid of honor. We had 10 guests. We had the reception at a friend's house. One of the guests made the cake. A friend took pictures (nothing professional).

I wore an ankle-length flowered dress and a yellow large-brim hat (kind of a "hippy" look). I carried a small bouquet of mixed spring flowers. Hubby wore his uniform. We exchanged matching wedding bands (no engagement ring). No honeymoon trip. We were on a tight budget, and a short schedule.

Since that day we have had a long, happy marriage. The marriage years are more important than the wedding day.

Reba said:
Since that day we have had a long, happy marriage. The marriage years are more important than the wedding day.

I'm with you there!! It is the years ahead that counts, not the day that starts the years. To plant the garden, we must have water and fertilization for the garden to bloom.

if i getting married i would plans wedding at church! but i dont like outdoor wedding nor courthouse but you think courthouse not free!

when my family getting married at church and home,outdoor whatever prices! but i dont like outdoor wedding makes my veil wind!

I told my mother about i wanted intives Big wedding than Small! because my mother's family is big! and lots of more!

but i will invites our mayor from my old home if he would accept to watch my wedding and also my classmates too!

Sara Boyce

We got married two years ago in church. We had western wedding. My husband had black western suit with vest and cowboy hat with black boots. So did the rest of groomsmen and best man. I had beautiful white long train wedding dress and wore white western boots. My flowers had sunflowers (one of my fave flowers) with some purple, pink and white flowers. The bridesmaids had dark purple satin western long dresses with black boots. Our ringbearer who is our son wore cowboy hat and boots. We had two flowergirls who were our daughters and they had white lace cute dresses carrying white baskets with flowers. Our two oldest daughters gave me away along with my dad too. We had about 80 guests. The minister was deaf and so was organist. I sign sang the song to my husband "From this Moment On" by Shaina Twain and he signed me beautiful poem. We had southewestern dinner at our reception and then had square and line dancing. The line dancing instructor was there to help us all dance. It was a lot of fun! By the way, May 31st was our 2nd anniversary! We are still very happily married and two weeks ago we moved into a beautiful new house.

PeachyLady, very creative wedding you have... :P

I agree with Reba and Cookie....

Sorry to hear that TweetyBird.

Gnarly, good luck

Cool, crazyredhead and arkie

I hope your wish come true, sara.

too young to imagine my own wedding but thats hard for me to choose which place or whereabouts to get married at... ah.. well.. i never thought if i would get married in future. :dunno:

I wouldn't really know if I could get married but then again...if I did, then I wouldn't mind getting married at the beach or on top of the mountains or anywhere that's considered beauiful to look at, you know? but of course, if I get married at the beach, I'd rather be in my tanks and shirt instead of tux shirt so that i wont get any sand ruinded or that it would be too hot for me to wear it lol and the girl would just be in her nice looking bikin :naughty: lol who knows? they are proably more fun than getting married in a church lol

I don't know if I'll ever get married, but I am a traditionalist. If I were to marry, I'd marry in the Christian church. I wouldn't have to have a big wedding, though. Just family and a few close friends. As I envision it, my sister would be my Maid of Honor. I'd also have three Bridesmaids, which peferably would be my cloest and dearest friends, and a flower girl. My niece would have that honor. I would assume the groom would have a Best Man, and my nephew would be the Ring Bearer. Of course, my Daddy would give me away (assuming he was still around).

This is how I see it in my mind's eye, but it IS just a fantasy. Who knows what would happen in reality. :lol:

Having had a large traditional church wedding with my ex, I hope that my next one will be much more laid back. Have a very small intimate ceremony on the beach during sunset then have a Thai/Vietnamese/sushi dinner with lots of good wine at a rented beach house with candles all over.

But am not in hurry to remarry...but if that ever happens, I'd like that above mentioned to take place :)

Meg said:
Having had a large traditional church wedding with my ex, I hope that my next one will be much more laid back. Have a very small intimate ceremony on the beach during sunset then have a Thai/Vietnamese/sushi dinner with lots of good wine at a rented beach house with candles all over.

But am not in hurry to remarry...but if that ever happens, I'd like that above mentioned to take place :)

Meg, a question...

Are all traditional weddings huge?

Back