Websiter Building Software Advice?

November Gypsy

Reaction score
Hey! I'm really new to building websites, in fact, I have never even thought of trying such a thing before just recently. My husband has his own business, and is really busy, but he really wants to have a website for the business. Since he doesn't have the time, I'm going to do it for him. Trouble is, I don't know where to start. Does anyone know of excellent software for this venture? I want to the best job I can. Any other advice will be appreicated deeply!

Hey! I'm really new to building websites, in fact, I have never even thought of trying such a thing before just recently. My husband has his own business, and is really busy, but he really wants to have a website for the business. Since he doesn't have the time, I'm going to do it for him. Trouble is, I don't know where to start. Does anyone know of excellent software for this venture? I want to the best job I can. Any other advice will be appreicated deeply!

I love Talkspot No affiliations, usual disclaimers.

Great tech support! You can do it, easy.

Questions?

Hope this helps Ms November Gypsy. Best of Luck!

Hey thanks! I'll check into it! In the mean time, have you heard anything about the software Web Easy 7? Someone just recommended that to me.

There are also some CMS (Content Management Systems) out there if your web host supports them. One of my favorites is Joomla. There are also a ton of templates that can be installed for good looking sites. It takes a bit to learn a CMS but once you start to understand how things work, you can make some fantastic and functional websites.

There are also some CMS (Content Management Systems) out there if your web host supports them. One of my favorites is Joomla. There are also a ton of templates that can be installed for good looking sites. It takes a bit to learn a CMS but once you start to understand how things work, you can make some fantastic and functional websites.

Thank you much sir. I suppose I could Google CMS and figure out where to learn about it?

Try Drupal CMS

I have used it and I like it.

Like Joomla, it offers alot of templates, cool modules and plugins. Now it is one of the world's most popular CMS softwares.

Thanks very much. I am still a little unsure of what CMS is exactly, but I'll check it out for sure.

Try Drupal CMS

I have used it and I like it.

Like Joomla, it offers alot of templates, cool modules and plugins. Now it is one of the world's most popular CMS softwares.

Drupal is not recommended because its learning curve is steep. Beginner will not get anywhere far with it. Joomla is easy to use compared to Drupal only to those who are familiar with web development.

The use of CMS largely depends on the type and nature of business. What kind of business is this? Will there be online ordering? Will there be lots of contents online? Will it be frequently updated?

Some home businesses can actually manage well with just 3 webpages so it really depends on several variables.

Drupal is not recommended because its learning curve is steep. Beginner will not get anywhere far with it. Joomla is easy to use compared to Drupal only to those who are familiar with web development.

The use of CMS largely depends on the type and nature of business. What kind of business is this? Will there be online ordering? Will there be lots of contents online? Will it be frequently updated?

Some home businesses can actually manage well with just 3 webpages so it really depends on several variables.
That's good advice.

You wouldn't want to get something extremely complex for a website that only has less than 5 web pages... or something too amateurish for something that has 25 web pages. :Ohno:

Hey thanks guys. I'm digging into Joomla just to let you know. I think it will work for us...and our website is going to be pretty small, as it were. It's a lawncare/home maintence business. We are a very small business...just about as small as you get right now. Mostly, it's just for information for current customers and to give prospective customers an idea of what we do. We'll have stuff like lawn care tips, what services are offered, a place to request an apprisal, that sort of thing. It wouldn't be very big.

Hey thanks guys. I'm digging into Joomla just to let you know. I think it will work for us...and our website is going to be pretty small, as it were. It's a lawncare/home maintence business. We are a very small business...just about as small as you get right now. Mostly, it's just for information for current customers and to give prospective customers an idea of what we do. We'll have stuff like lawn care tips, what services are offered, a place to request an apprisal, that sort of thing. It wouldn't be very big.

ah - then you don't need Joomla or any such thing. Sounds like a simple 5-pages website or some. It's easy to make it.

Back