Webroot Window Washer

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have an experience or opinion about Webroot Window Washer?

It's really for people who want to cover their tracks. Like looking at... um... sexually explicit materials.

Though I think it's also used to clean out spyware files left behind in temp folders.

Personally I haven't used Windows washer, although I have good experiences with Webroot Spy Sweeper. Lol, I did a quick search of Windows washer in google and it asked me if I meant Windows Washer torrent... I assume if its being so activly traded on the p2p networks that its a decent program. Banjos right about its purpose though...

My friend has Spy Sweeper, and Webroot sent her an email about a sale on Window Washer. She wanted to know if it was something she should get. I think she's concerned about on-line identity theft.

I didn't know anything about it except what the ads say (which of course include nothing negative).

:ty:

how about switching to Mac and stop worrying about which is good for preventing this and that such such such....

Apple - Get a Mac
I've got a couple Mac's myself but my friend is in a different situation. :)

p.s. Stay tuned. I might be starting another thread soon with some Mac questions.

I'm a very needy person when it comes to computers. ;)

Do you have an experience or opinion about Webroot Window Washer?

I checked on wikipedia and said they got good review.

If you own Vista then you will have windows defender to remove all spyware and adware, plus spyware isn't big issue on vista if you use daily, no charge on that.

I checked on wikipedia and said they got good review.

If you own Vista then you will have windows defender to remove all spyware and adware, plus spyware isn't big issue on vista if you use daily, no charge on that.
She doesn't have Vista; she has XP.

She doesn't have Vista; she has XP.

Ummph... I've had this before.. It did "over cleaned" my XP. Some of my program I'm using got corrupted. It had to do with me overguessing that some Registry that I thought I can clean it off (orphaned registry ect..).. I had to restore my XP and delete the Windows Washer.. I got it off from P2P website as a cracked software tho.... I love the most was XP Registry Cleaner. It's a simple program that cleaned off duplicated and orphaned registry and dll files that was left behind after program was deleted.. This made my old 500mhz Dell lappy ran as fast as my new 1.8Ghz lappy (Dell Lappy is now under pile of PC junk due to it's missing Harddrive. I accidently dropped the harddrive and killed it)... I use Zonealarm Interent Security suite that includes Spyware and AntiVirus. It works better tho.

Catty

Are you trying to cover track from downloading Illegal copies of movie or music? LOL.

Catty

Are you trying to cover track from downloading Illegal copies of movie or music? LOL.

Catty
It's not for me. A friend of mine (even less computer literate than me) got an email offer for the software, and she wants to know if she should get it. She's concerned about security, viruses, etc. She wants to keep her computer "clean" and speedy.

It's not for me. A friend of mine (even less computer literate than me) got an email offer for the software, and she wants to know if she should get it. She's concerned about security, viruses, etc. She wants to keep her computer "clean" and speedy.

LOL kidding,

Avoid Norton softwares of any kinds! They do bogs down system performance. Personally, I favor Zonealarm w/ Antivirus and Spyware remover. It also have Cache cleaner built into it if option is checked. In that way, it'll keep system "clean" and speedy.

Also it's have to do with amount of "running" icons next to clock. If she have 1 or 2 GB of ram memory in her system. She can only run 6 or 7 "running" icons and still get around pretty fast and smooth. Do not download or install "Google taskbar, Google deskbar" ect (same goes for Yahoo, ect) for browser or desktop (they're unneccessary). They're performance hogs. Usually comes from update like Java, Flashplayer installation. keep eye on installation asking permission if it can install Google or Yahoo bars along with it's installation. Just uncheck it that you don't want to install it and proceed installation.

I've fixed some of friend's PC that had IE Browser full of these that made browser's window really small :squint:(they installed Google bar, Yahoo bar, Websearch bar, such such bars overlapping. Ouch!!). Had to uninstall bunch of these to make IE browser run faster, bigger, and clean..

I usually avoid those kind of memory hogs to keep my lappy sweet and happy. In that way it'll loads program and browser faster. BUT I ADMITTED installing Yahoo Widgets (I got sinned but it's useful LOL).

Catty

I need let you know that windows defender does support XP but not 100% effective, applied to XP and Vista in both and I did tested on some days, no spyware was found, I guess that just use firefox so much, avoid to use IE because IE is responsible for more spyware and adware, this program can be under 50% effective, depends on kind of computers.

Reba, tell your friend to not use IE, just rather to use firefox, opera or safari, that's more safer than IE does, IE cause more spyware on my computer then fucked up and recovered about few time, some of them are too diffcult to remove, if you uninstall at once then will re-install without any inform, you can find from wikipedia and there's list of illegal anti-spyware program, watch out for them.

Only most safer, You have to get Mac because no spyware, adware and viruses, plus when running on boot camp then don't connect to internet or use for while when click on legal website like Alldeaf, IGN, AOL, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Newegg and others.

LOL kidding,

Avoid Norton softwares of any kinds! They do bogs down system performance. Personally, I favor Zonealarm w/ Antivirus and Spyware remover. It also have Cache cleaner built into it if option is checked. In that way, it'll keep system "clean" and speedy.

Also it's have to do with amount of "running" icons next to clock. If she have 1 or 2 GB of ram memory in her system. She can only run 6 or 7 "running" icons and still get around pretty fast and smooth. Do not download or install "Google taskbar, Google deskbar" ect (same goes for Yahoo, ect) for browser or desktop (they're unneccessary). They're performance hogs. Usually comes from update like Java, Flashplayer installation. keep eye on installation asking permission if it can install Google or Yahoo bars along with it's installation. Just uncheck it that you don't want to install it and proceed installation.

I've fixed some of friend's PC that had IE Browser full of these that made browser's window really small :squint:(they installed Google bar, Yahoo bar, Websearch bar, such such bars overlapping. Ouch!!). Had to uninstall bunch of these to make IE browser run faster, bigger, and clean..

I usually avoid those kind of memory hogs to keep my lappy sweet and happy. In that way it'll loads program and browser faster. BUT I ADMITTED installing Yahoo Widgets (I got sinned but it's useful LOL).

Catty

Oh, I HATED Norton, they ripped my CPU off and crashed so badly.

Norton has been ripped off by powerful virus writers.

If any college that give Norton for free then I will break the CD and throw in trash.

Now my friend gets this popped up when she tries to get her email:

"Email attachment Shield communication Error"

She said, "....something about emails with attachments are not deliverable because of firewall configurations."

Any suggestions?

Try this freeware system optimization and privacy tool called CCLEANER. At the time of this post, version 2.01.507 is the latest.

CCleaner - Home

Back