Weather in your region and how you handle it?

racheleggert

Reaction score
Where I live, for past few days, it have been sunzero temps. I have been staying at my boyfriend's since my apartment is cold. I am thinking I want to escape to somewhere warm but no money.

I took the kids out sledding in 15 degree weather after work tonight. I just dress as warm as aI can and with the exercise, it is not too bad. Important, it is not windy. If it is windy, forget it.

It's about zero with colder windchills in Iowa now.

As for handling it... Does curled up in a little ball whimpering count as handling it?? :P

Wirelessly posted

Now I just feel guilty complaining about my feet getting cold. Kudos to all! This Florida girl would freeze to death.

Wirelessly posted

TXgolfer said:
77 today. I applied sunscreen.

Cold at night here in the 30s then it shoots up into sunny 70 degrees during the day.

I do all right in the house with steam heat. The place is about 100 years old, but the heating is really good, if you get new windows.

I've been thinking of buying a Hudson Bay wool blanket which would serve me well.

Hooded sweatshirt is required attire in the North East. And, don't forget the Carmex for cold sores.

The only thing I am missing is a fireplace, sadly.

62 right now for this Florida girl.

However, I used to live in Missouri and the secret (not so secret) was layers upon layers.

I am wearing lots of thermal knit clothing, and I have LLBean fleece slipper socks, which really do help a lot.

Tonight is expected to be a balmy ten deg., but the problem is, at close to ten pm, it is already ten deg.

I have three sets of longjohns. Haven't yet thought of wearing all three at once, until Botts's post gave me that idea.

Tomorrow high 63, low 45 with a little rain. Nice!!!

My woodstove have done marvelous job keeping my entire house at toasty warm! As to speak, outside is now 8 degrees and I have almost nothing on me and it is damn nice and warm here! Many thanks to Ben Franklin!

I am sooooooo glad temps decided to plunge AFTER my visit to NH!!

I haven't even worn my winter coat here in Myrtle Beach this year yet. I do not miss NH weather, no siree.

Temps in the negatives here. I deal by going home and getting in bed with a cup of tea and something warm for dinner. A laptop on the legs is a great way to stay warm! :giggle:

it was -42 Celcius here yesterday which is -41.8 F ...the other day ottawa was the coldest place on the continent with some places reaching -50 with the wind chill...what in the actual F...why did I move back here?! lol

I am sooooooo glad temps decided to plunge AFTER my visit to NH!!

I haven't even worn my winter coat here in Myrtle Beach this year yet. I do not miss NH weather, no siree.

I'm coming to myrtle beach for a competition in march! I cannot waittttt! Warm weather, beach to tan on (don't care bout going in the ocean) and flip flops!

Back