Wearing hearing aids to bed

I wear my CI to bed many nights. I do so because the tinnitus is so incredibly loud. I plug my CI into my Iphone and play music. It definitely helps some. A few times my husband has been gone for the night, I wear my CI then too. Makes me feel safer that I can hear the house alarm etc.

Sometimes I feel the same way, I do travel a lot as a matter of fact I'm out of town tonight in phili, I'm from N.Y. Def helps having that piece of mind.

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

You're welcome! By the way, you're so lucky you have Phonaks. I've worn hearing aids my whole life and never heard of them. For my audiological eval for Cochlear Implants I got to try them on because they wanted to do an aided test with my hearing aids and see how I do and one with their Phonak hearing aids, and I was blown away. Absolutely amazing. I'd get them myself but my other audiologists gave me Oticon Chilli not bad, but the pitch is too sharp for me.

Thank you, I really don't find myself to be lucky just fortunate.

Sometimes I feel the same way, I do travel a lot as a matter of fact I'm out of town tonight in phili, I'm from N.Y. Def helps having that piece of mind.

Sorry if you already answered this, but when at home, do you have a dog? My dog weighs only 4 pounds, but she is amazing at alerting me to things. She just kind of learned it after I went deaf. I would be so lost without her.

Sorry if you already answered this, but when at home, do you have a dog? My dog weighs only 4 pounds, but she is amazing at alerting me to things. She just kind of learned it after I went deaf. I would be so lost without her.

I do but she's only a puppy and we just got her about 4 weeks ago

In my experience when I did fall asleep wearing my hearing aids was only in the off chance that I'd hear the alarm clock in the morning so my kids don't go late to school. (I've had like a million vibrating alarm clocks and even ones with light and either they break or I'm a heavy sleeper...) Anyway, I found that for me it wasn't good because my ear would hurt, often times get swollen and there would be pressure... I'd get a sore on the upper part of earlobe where the tubing connects to aid. I also found that sometimes it fell off (or I took it off when I slept?) and it'd be a pain to find in the morning. I remember I woke up panicking that I broke it or that I lost it. If you have no physical issues wearing them to bed, then by all means do whatever floats your boat. But the battery will not last as long (and batteries ain't cheap), the tubes will need to be replaced more often than normal.

If my HA came off while sleep my dog could end chewing on it. Dogs love to chew HA for some odd reason. :roll:

My dog did that to me last year. Lol I think it's because it smells like us or something?

My dog did that to me last year. Lol I think it's because it smells like us or something?

I know a woman who dog chewed up her HA and her insurance would not cover the lost. Maybe it's nice and crunchy like a bone ?

I often wear mine to bed unintentionally because I fall asleep while talking with friends online. I do like being able to hear things like our pets and noises outside as we live in a bad area and often there is shouting. Also the other day while I was not wearing my aids the neighbours went out leaving fat on the stove which caught alight and I didnt hear their smoke alarm. It was by pure chance that our houseguest came home and told me we needed the fire brigade as smoke was billowing out of their place. I have the bellman system which pages me if our own alarm goes off but not anyone else's. I find that terrifying.

I've had that happen but thankfully my insurance did cover it.

That was lucky , I guess the other person had crappy insurance . She had to buy a new HA . My family came over last night and I did not hear the doorbell and my dog came and got me . Marty was all excited and ran to the door so I knew what he was telling me.

Yeah I have the highest level of insurance on them which includes loss and accidental damage.

That is a wise thing to have . I had my HA on my home insurance policy but my audi said my health insurance will cover any damages . This was years ago , I really need to find out if they still do this.

Back