Wearing Glasses and CI

dragon_image18

Reaction score
Just found out my daughter is very near sided, so will have to wear glasses from now on. Just wondering about other users experience on how to do this best when wearing a CI.

My daughter will have an AB processor. We will have both the Platinum and Harmony. For now she will be using the platinum processor, which should be no problem with her glasses. But I am mostly wondering how and if she can use the on ear processors in the future.

Just found out my daughter is very near sided, so will have to wear glasses from now on. Just wondering about other users experience on how to do this best when wearing a CI.

My daughter will have an AB processor. We will have both the Platinum and Harmony. For now she will be using the platinum processor, which should be no problem with her glasses. But I am mostly wondering how and if she can use the on ear processors in the future.

I'm very near sighted myself and I'd assume you'd wear it much the same as you'd wear BTE (behind the ear) hearing aids and glasses. I usually put on my glasses first then my CI processor. . I did the same when I still wore my HA.

I know some ppl don't actually wear the bte's on their ears.
Cloggy (he has a post rite now bout his daughter in this section) his daughter has bilateral ci's and she doesn't wear the bte's on her ears. Instead she has them behind in 2 lil pouches instead. Here is a link to that spot on her blog.
Lotte Sofie: BTE's - behind the ear?

Interesting, I put CI on first then put glasses on lol.
Its no problem wearing glasses and CI same time, but since your daughter is still little baby, it'll be hard keep CI on because she'll rub her head on carseat or if she still haven't walk or crawl she'll knock magnet off when laying on floor, it'll be difficult for while till she learn to put magnet back on by herself.

I know some ppl don't actually wear the bte's on their ears.
Cloggy (he has a post rite now bout his daughter in this section) his daughter has bilateral ci's and she doesn't wear the bte's on her ears. Instead she has them behind in 2 lil pouches instead. Here is a link to that spot on her blog.
Lotte Sofie: BTE's - behind the ear?

Thanks for this info. I would have never thought of such an approach. I would prefer this for my daughter even if she wasn't wearing glasses.

You should speak to Ashleysmummy, who posts in here. Her daughter is very near sighted as well and has a Med El CI on both sides now. She might have some advice for you.

Hi. I have a CI, the Freedom by Cochlear. I wear glasses only when I'm driving & stuff like that and it doesn't interfere in any way at all. So your daugher will be fine wearing hers with her future ear processors.

For now she will be using the platinum processor, which should be no problem with her glasses. But I am mostly wondering how and if she can use the on ear processors in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info. We are just crossing our fingers that we won't have to put anymore hardware on the little girls head in the future. Her teeth are straight so far. :fingersx:

Ashley is very near sighted and has had glasses for a while. She wears her processor on her shoulders. We have not moved up yet. Her first glasses were so small. They had an elastic strap that went around her head almost like a head band. She grew out of those and now we have big girl glasses that go behind the ear. I have had several parents that have moved to the ear say it works out great. They use the huggie and put both the glasses and the ear hook through it. That helps them both to stay on. Of course they both come off together too but Ashley eventually has gotten better at leaving them alone. If you have any other questions please feel free to message me. Good luck.

Back