We got a Sorenson Video phone today

bbnt

King of all I see
Premium Member
Reaction score
and my daughter loves it. Not many of her friends have one but
their are ex teachers and aides from her school that she misses
and is able to talk to them right thru the TV

I applied for one. It is my understanding that they are FREE to the hearing impaired!

You can do the same by going to the sorenson,com site

bbnt said:
do you have one?

Yup! My roommates and I just moved to a new apartment, so we are waiting for someone in Sorenson's to come and reinstall it.

Beowulf said:
I applied for one. It is my understanding that they are FREE to the hearing impaired!

You can do the same by going to the sorenson,com site

For the "Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing".. Anyway, I use www.s-vision.com ..

Wow! Sounds totally cool. Looks like it's better than a webcam ever could be.

Dang, Australia is a bit behind the American counterpart! *sobs*

What do you need to use to hook this gadget to tv or phone for that matter?

You don't need the normal phone line. You need a fast, high speed internet connection like cable internet or T1 connection. And you will need a tv to hook the thing up. It's awesome!! First time I used it, I was on it for 5 hours straight!

If you tend to use VCO, you can use a regular phone line and plug it to the videophone, so the interpreter can call you on the normal phone so you can voice yourself and watch the interpreter sign back to you what the other person said on the line. You can always contact Sorenson and ask when will Australia have the videophone service.

By the way, my videophone works now!

Thanks, Deaf258!

Now I understand better. Good idea, I might ask Sorenson, but I think Sorenson do not reach this part of the world yet. Nevertheless, I'll ask.

:)

Last Videophone discussion session I went to, Craig (rep) said that they only cover USA for now, haven't done Canada yet.

I have one too, but it keeps acting up for some reason. Oh well.

Deaf258b do I have to hook my regular phone line into the VP 100 to use vco or just any jack in my house since I have a cordless.

Soonersfan79 said:
Deaf258b do I have to hook my regular phone line into the VP 100 to use vco or just any jack in my house since I have a cordless.
I have not use VCO on the VP-100 yet. I assume you have the Videorelay operator call you back on normal phone (not sure if it has to be jacked into the vp-100 or not, but I use the phone jack on the vp-100 for the phonelight alarm). It won't hurt to ask the operator questions!

Yea, I use Radio Shack Fone Flasher 2 for VP only.. it's work great!
Cradle phones with lighted keypads can causing messed up a VP, better recommend use older phones.

bbnt said:
and my daughter loves it. Not many of her friends have one but
their are ex teachers and aides from her school that she misses
and is able to talk to them right thru the TV
That's awesome! I heard about it, and I have applied to get one free. I do not know what to do next. :dunno: Hope they'll send me one to try. :thumb:

ChelEler said:
That's awesome! I heard about it, and I have applied to get one free. I do not know what to do next. :dunno: Hope they'll send me one to try. :thumb:

what state do you live in?

hey bbnt how long for the vrs to arrive? ive applied mine but it havent arrived yet hmm....

bOoGiESuRf said:
hey bbnt how long for the vrs to arrive? ive applied mine but it havent arrived yet hmm....

what state do you live in?

ChelEler said:

bOoGiESuRf said:

You have to understand that Sorenson's installers need to have a large number of orders requested to make the trip. That means, get your LOCAL Deaf buddies to sign up! The more VP-100 orders are made, the sooner you get them!

Also, some installers are lazy, so you will need to contact the main office in SLC and file a complaint. So far, I have heard problems with Oregon's installer. As for other states, I don't know anything yet.

Deaf258 said:
You have to understand that Sorenson's installers need to have a large number of orders requested to make the trip. That means, get your LOCAL Deaf buddies to sign up! The more VP-100 orders are made, the sooner you get them!

Also, some installers are lazy, so you will need to contact the main office in SLC and file a complaint. So far, I have heard problems with Oregon's installer. As for other states, I don't know anything yet.
Wow, I did not know that. 258 Thank you for letting me know... and share with everyone else as well! :thumb:

Back