'We can consign deafness to history': Businesswoman of the Year

This looks really interesting, but I hope they put more info up. I'm not sure what exactly they have in mind to 'redefine deafness'.

I'll pass the word on. You can look them up on facebook, FE: Butterfly Effect.

Facundo, Facundo.....I seem to remember a professor at Gallaudet in the recent past who was from South America but is deceased now.......Can't remember his other name (first or last).....

Prosecuted? Really?

I don't like what she said, but she is not doing anything that needs prosecuted. This is how people end up thinking the Deaf community is full of extremists (which is really only a tiny percentage).

You still don't get it.

Facundo, Facundo.....I seem to remember a professor at Gallaudet in the recent past who was from South America but is deceased now.......Can't remember his other name (first or last).....

^^ impressive.

Facundo Montenegro.

^^ impressive.

Facundo Montenegro.

Aha! Yes, that's him. I guess he must have left an impression on the Gally students of his day to have a project/organization named after him. I wonder how old he was when he passed on....did you (PFH) know him?

It's people like her that gave me such low self-esteem growing up, due to the impossible standard, and made me consider suicide once or twice early in college (don't worry, I am much better now since I started learning ASL in college and finally started accepting what and who I am versus denying it, thank you).

It's people like her that gave me such low self-esteem growing up, due to the impossible standard, and made me consider suicide once or twice early in college (don't worry, I am much better now since I started learning ASL in college and finally started accepting what and who I am versus denying it, thank you).

If you look at the business woman's first name - Dimity..... just add 'w' to it and you get Dimwity! Exactly what she is! :giggle:

Comments in that FB Page are getting so pathetic. So I encourage a few Deaf people to not take people seriously. I may post a few more comments... Hmm.

I KNOW........This person seems to have totally bought into the hype of auditory verbal and Inclusion, and is completely and utterly audist.

Back