We Are The World... Original Version Captioned!

DeafCaver

Reaction score
Some time ago a bunch of British musicians and artists got together and made a Christmas song for the hungry in Africa called "Feed The World--Let Them Know It's Christmas".... soon after that... Quincy Jones called Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie to create an American response... the result was the moving "We Are The World"... dozens of high profile American artists and songwriters appeared and (according to legend) checked their egos at the door and came together to record the song and video.
Now 2010 a whole new group of artists gather and create a remake of the song but slightly re-worded to suit the tragic events in Haiti.
This is the original version with captions and identification to the singers. Enjoy.

[yt]D1Ufv65L39s[/yt]

Thanks for posting this. It was one of my favorites and I'm glad for the captioned version. You really made my day today!!!

Thank you for showing the video of "We are the World". I noticed that almost everyone is wearing ear phones and show much emotions when they sang. I love to see the caption with their names on every singer. I can not hear the sounds but I can see the expression that is music to my eyes. Great. :thumb:

that was great, :ty:!
I did see these news footage of these shows, wanted to see the actual and most recent for opening Olympics ceremony but missed, so now I am happy to see it again.

Back