*Waves Hullo*

November Gypsy

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm new to the site, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 23-year-old mommy and wife from southern USA. I I am a stay-at-home mommy, I like to knit, garden, make bread, write, read, and work with animals. Above all, I love my baby and my husband!

I was born hearing, but I started going deaf when I was about 19-years-old. I am now considered to have severe hearing loss. (We still don't know why all this happened, but I have another doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks:cry:..maybe we'll finally find out what is happening) As it stands now, I don't think there is much chance that I will regain any hearing and I will probably be completely deaf sometime in the relatively near future.

I am trying to learn ASL (I want to teach my baby and husband too!) and am finding that what I can hear is not half so important as what I choose to do with my life. Anyway, say hullo if you have time.

The last time I went to the doctor, they said something about getting different hearing aids. Right now, I have the kind that go in your ear, but they seemed to think the kind that go outside your ear will work better. I didn't really understand why...could someone explain that to me? I'd really appriecate it.

Thanks so much for your time! :wave:

:wave:

ATT11.jpg

Welcome to All Deaf. But, beware of them their damn Yankees! :giggle:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Hello:) I am new to the forum as well so I just wanted to come say hi. hope to see you around

Welcome to ALLDEAF! I am new to alldeaf too! I am trying to learn my way around. I don't know the difference between the hearing aid inside or outside...You gotta ask your doctor why and see what he/she says about the reason why they think it's best for you with this type of hearing aid.... Good luck!

Thanks Norcal20, Sosie, and mandi! It's great to be welcomed. Norcal, I love your signature, Sosie, your cat is soooo cute, and mandi, it's nice to meet another newbie. I did ask the doctor, but I didn't really understand what he said. But I have found out that the over-the-ear hearing aids are more powerful and they don't have as much squeaky-feedback as the inner ear kind! So now I can answer my own question! Thanks again everyone!

Thanks Norcal20, Sosie, and mandi! It's great to be welcomed. Norcal, I love your signature, Sosie, your cat is soooo cute, and mandi, it's nice to meet another newbie. I did ask the doctor, but I didn't really understand what he said. But I have found out that the over-the-ear hearing aids are more powerful and they don't have as much squeaky-feedback as the inner ear kind! So now I can answer my own question! Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for the compliment but it was not my cat. I found it from the free avatars. I thought why not I put it in here. Thanks again! :)

Back