Wat Support do you get?

Waz

Reaction score
Hi Buddies

I get full time british sign language Interpreter when i go to school and university, just wondering wat support do you get when u were in school,college and uni ? :)

i WILL get full time interpreter, notetaking, and shit when I go to college if I get into RIT classes. Right now I have my own full time interpreter in high school.

Notetakers, Interpreters, the works, one free tty, one free alarm clock with vibrator (and VR)

vr only pay for my college and pay for everything inlcuded money for myself to spend fun, alaos VR pay for me to fly home for hoilday spend with my family. I was in Minnesota for attended college!!

I get interpreters for my courses as well notetakers. The support is pretty good around here at RIT. The quality of interpreters and notetakers are not superb but the quality of them are good enough for me to receive adequate information from the classes.

Still a high school student. Half-day at a mainstreaming program ~ interpreter for that.

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
I get interpreters for my courses as well notetakers. The support is pretty good around here at RIT. The quality of interpreters and notetakers are not superb but the quality of them are good enough for me to receive adequate information from the classes.

yeah - i heard ....i might be attending RIT in '04

my v.r pay interpreter,note and books when I'm going in college from Hinds Community Collage. but that's very long time ago.

I recieve full time interpreting and notetaking. That's about it.
In Australia, we don't have Real Time Captions or VR service and such.

When I was growing up in junior high and high school, I only had interpreter support... the only thing they actually offered. It was horrible. After entering community college, I continued to get interpreter support... but also got notes. Getting notes was a new thing for me. By the time I went to RIT, I was offered tutoring support... but I never really took advantage of it. I had my own private tutor, which I used about once or twice a year.

Here at RIT, they provide support with interpreters, notes, c-print, tutoring, and interpreters for the blind.

I only had resource room and speech in elementary and junior high. After that, I had an oral interpreter for a short time in High school. In college, I had an interpreter on an as-needed basis...there were some professors that I couldn't understand. Those were the ones I would request an interpreter for. For the rest of them, I basically relied on my lip reading skills.

When I mainstreamed during my first 4 years at a public school that had a deaf program as well.
After I graduated from CSDF -- I attended the local community college and had full VR support. VR paid for my college tutition, books, interpreters..even new hearing aids etc. :)

Here in Australia -- I did get interpreters for the duration of a course I was taking a year ago.

During I was at college, I participate in deaf oringated class and also go to hearing class with provided of sign language interpreter. Sometime in while, I would request for notetaker but not often.

At my old school, they had the FM system, student notetakers, closed-captioning, and interpreters.

Today, I don't get any support. I don't have a interpreter or a notetaker, because I can write pretty fast and I ask for help (sometimes). I do wear the FM system, but it's embarassing because people like to play around with it! I rely on myself and my hearing aids... and closed-captioning if they have it.

Wow, Vampy you and I are a lot alike. My grades improved so much when I finally got a notetaker! I'm doing decently at my current school...love the courses and am an aural learner (strange, odd but true) and don't even use an FM device...matter of fact last semester I had a class with a professor with a very thick accent....didn't use an FM device or anything and got a B! :)
damn...just been told I have to sign off :( ....so I'll finish this later!

Back