Washington State.

Trippy

Reaction score
Hi, I would love to meet up with some fellow deaf people in the Seattle area. i have been deaf for a little over 2 years and have yet to learn much sign language past the basics. i think being around other people who sign would be good for me.

you interesting ASL ? love American SIgn language
moved on ASl Buddy:)

Hi Trippy, the best way to meet Deaf people is to contact your local Deaf Services such as HSDC in Seattle and they can let you know about deaf events and socials. Good luck. :)

Hi, I would love to meet up with some fellow deaf people in the Seattle area. i have been deaf for a little over 2 years and have yet to learn much sign language past the basics. i think being around other people who sign would be good for me.

You're in one of the biggest deaf communities, consider yourself lucky.

Perhaps soon one of our northwest members will talk to you on this.

Hey Glenn, Kaelei, Sequoias.

I'm not in the Seattle area and haven't lived in that area for many years. But you could try Seattle Central Community College.

You could try asking someone who works at Seattle Community College. There is one deaf teacher who teaches sign language also you can ask the interpreter services office about the deaf events, they might know a thing or two. You can also try HSDC like Missywinks stated. It probably changed since I left Washington state over a year ago. Of course there are many deaf social events. You can also try searching on Facebook to find some chapters that run some events and you can make new friends and pick up some local deaf socials in town.

I know for sure Jillian's run once a month event in downtown Seattle area. There's also the coffee house social at the church near Green Lake and the Northgate Mall social once a month as well. I do not know the dates they run on right now. I just don't want you to end up finding there's no event because of a mistake.

Back