Washington DC?

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
What is life in DC like? I am looking into whether I want to relocate to DC or not.

Very hectic and expensive. Great for single people. If you live in the city, don't need a car to get around town.

I love DC. I wish I could move back to DC. Metro subway is my favorite ride that takes you any where where you want to be. DC have awesome walking, biking, rollerblazing trails. Indeed, Its expensive to live there but when you get to know DC very well then you would be able to find a good deal to live there. I love open minded people diversity. ;)

What is public transit like there? Does it take 3 or 4 buses just to get somewhere? Or can I get across town on one subway ride?

What is public transit like there? Does it take 3 or 4 buses just to get somewhere? Or can I get across town on one subway ride?

I am not sure about this one. It depends on where you want to be. For mall then it should be one or two buses to get there. I believe that if the place is popular then one buses or take metro subways (one or two).

Did you check the metro subway and ask questions from there??

There is a DC streetcar on H Street that will take you to Union Station, Chinatown, and Georgetown.

dcstreetcar_2009.jpg

Washington-DC-Future-Transit-Map.jpg

It is depending on area that where you want go.

If you live on red line subway and you want go to Pentagon City so you need transfer to yellow or blue line, the transfer to other line isn't hard and it was easier than I thought. If you want go to Tyson Center so you need transfer to orange line until stop at Vienna/Fairfax to wait for one bus to take you to mall.

When I lived in DC, I usually took one or two bus to reach the destination but for subway, sometime, I have to transfer so much like from red to orange then orange to blue then yellow to red.

Back