***********warning **********

josey

Reaction score
HI
I know I have not posted much but things are a bit sticky here . BUT I wanted to warn EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT THIS ~~~ :mad: :mad: :mad:

I RECIEVCED A ENIVE IN THE POSTAL MAIL WITH NO RETURN ADDY NO NOTE JUST 10 500.00 NOT MADE OUT OR SIGNED JUST BLANK AND I CALLED AMEX AND THE BANK THAT THE TRAVELS CHECKS WERE DRAWN ON AND WAS TOLD THAT YOU CAN SPEND THOSE . WELL ,THEY ARE BAD AND FAKE AND DON'T GO OT THE BANK OR STORE WITH THEM . I AM SO GLAD I ONLY WENT TO MY BANK WHICH IS THE SAME BANK AND THESE ARE FAKE AND MY WHOLE DAY :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: RUINED

SO PLEASE PLEASE WARNING

TY
KIM

How did they get your address? It sounds like they are doing a scam!

josey said:
HI
I know I have not posted much but things are a bit sticky here . BUT I wanted to warn EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT THIS ~~~ :mad: :mad: :mad:

I RECIEVCED A ENIVE IN THE POSTAL MAIL WITH NO RETURN ADDY NO NOTE JUST 10 500.00 NOT MADE OUT OR SIGNED JUST BLANK AND I CALLED AMEX AND THE BANK THAT THE TRAVELS CHECKS WERE DRAWN ON AND WAS TOLD THAT YOU CAN SPEND THOSE . WELL ,THEY ARE BAD AND FAKE AND DON'T GO OT THE BANK OR STORE WITH THEM . I AM SO GLAD I ONLY WENT TO MY BANK WHICH IS THE SAME BANK AND THESE ARE FAKE AND MY WHOLE DAY :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: RUINED

SO PLEASE PLEASE WARNING

TY
KIM

Clever.gif
~ yea seriouisly.. best nofity banks or others.. to prevent fraud!

I think they're real. However, you have to become a member in order to use them.

I've gotten a $100 gift card to Blockbuster Video in the mail before. However, in order for me to be able to use it... I had to change phone companies. :roll:

why change phone companies? :dunno:

VamPyroX said:
I think they're real. However, you have to become a member in order to use them.

I've gotten a $100 gift card to Blockbuster Video in the mail before. However, in order for me to be able to use it... I had to change phone companies. :roll:

FelixKat930 said:
why change phone companies? :dunno:
It's a promotion gimick. They offer you something if you do what they ask. If your phone company is AT&T and Sprint wants you to change to Sprint, they "bribe" you with a $100 gift card to Blockbuster Video.

It's stupid to be honest with you.. no offense!

VamPyroX said:
It's a promotion gimick. They offer you something if you do what they ask. If your phone company is AT&T and Sprint wants you to change to Sprint, they "bribe" you with a $100 gift card to Blockbuster Video.

If you receive anything in the mail, never reply or give out your personal informations. And never sign the check if it's blank or almost legit, they're not legal and they're scams. You can be arrested if you sign a blank or a scam check. But again, don't sign the blank checks, period. Bring 'em to the bank. They will be more than happy to find out if the checks are fraud or not. If it turns out to be a fraud, they will report this to any agency such as FBI or state police.

But it's sound like a loan to open up if it said, "you can deposit the check at your bank." They will call the company and verify it however, that will put you in debt. A loan is a tricky part because you have to re-pay in 7 years. So my recommend is to stay away from any loan or "pre-approved" credit application. You need to be debt-free for many years. We can be tempted but don't fall for that.

And make sure, you get rid of the junk mails and scam mails. Rip 'em apart and throw 'em in the trash. No need to cluster up on your desk or any where. And also, if you have emails from some companies. Ignore 'em. Don't sign up or anything. They'll spread your email address to anyone.

And FelixKat930, how do they found our addresses? They can get 'em from phone companies or any other legal businesses' databases. They're pretty smart. Some companies sold our addresses to that person or its company. Creepy. Not only the addresses of where we live, also the phone numbers and email addresses. It sucks that we live in the cruel world now with no privacy and no protection. :(

more inside

HI
I am not sure how anyone got the info . Its all over the place my addy at clubs and compamies etc .

these come thru the us mail and no therse are not real and these are not a promo reward these are fake amex travels checks and will cause anyone a serious headache .

and please I think that source is a work ad I replied to and that is only my thought .

kim

That's spook that someone out there knows your address or know where you live!! I think that creepy!! But horrible for someone sending you fault cheque or whatever you call it. thanks for the warning!!! :aw: they ruin your day!!!

I hate to receive mail that showing fake checks and credit cards. Few month go, someone took my fake check and wrote down for $3,000. I called the bank that I never wrote down the check for $3,000 and everything went back normal. whew. make sure when you receive fake checks and credit cards in mail, destory it.

backerman said:
I hate to receive mail that showing fake checks and credit cards. Few month go, someone took my fake check and wrote down for $3,000. I called the bank that I never wrote down the check for $3,000 and everything went back normal. whew. make sure when you receive fake checks and credit cards in mail, destory it.

Yea make sure you use the shedder machine. I have one and I do that all the times. :D

I've gotten them before...... ITS TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!! But I know it would be nice to have it! We're out of luck!! haha :)

Update !!! Update !!

I got another back of the traveler's check today and they are fakes !!

We have a shredder and no online paying but please becareful and yes some offers are legit but others aren't and these are agian

BLANK AND NO RETURN ADDRESS FROM LONG ISLAND CITY AS THE POSTMARKED PLACE

i wonder whats the purpose of them scammers just to scam us out.. they will not get money that way?? instead we will get broke if we did deposit the check and withdraw money to use for whatever we want and ending up having to pay bank back? is that the way the scammers want to.. get us broke and mess our economy? i wonder? that wont work .. bank is not that stupid anyway.

my ex bf did got a check in mail and he deposited it in bank account.. bank told him TO wait a week before check is cleared.. yet guess what? he withdraw 2,000 to get stuffs .. 4 days later.. he went back and tried to withdraw more.. only to find out he owed bank 2,000.. he was pissed. i told him i told u to WAIT a week before bank said its OK then can withdraw.. he misunderstood.. jeez hes so stupid.. found out the check is a FAKE. jeez.. what a dumbass.. he didnt listen to me.. so his plms! not mine!

Back