WARNING about webcam

Askjo

Reaction score
Do you know Logitech webcam? The Logitech has a NEW software on same name -- Logeitech 4000.

The OLD logitech 4000 is better than the NEW Logitech 4000 becaose picture is choppy, not flow smoothly.

If you buy a NEW logitech 4000, it is too bad! Ripped off!

Thanks!

uh, not really, we can just backward the software, unless you are talking about the hardware revision.

NightwarriorJin said:
uh, not really, we can just backward the software, unless you are talking about the hardware revision.
Nio, no. Anyone does not have old logitech 4000. They would buy a NEW logitech 4000. Do you understand what my point is?

Askjo said:
Do you know Logitech webcam? The Logitech has a NEW software on same name -- Logeitech 4000.

The OLD logitech 4000 is better than the NEW Logitech 4000 becaose picture is choppy, not flow smoothly.

If you buy a NEW logitech 4000, it is too bad! Ripped off!

Thanks!

So, where are you getting this information from? Hmm? Looks like you're making up something you heard. Tell us how you know this "rip off" situation is real.

Dennis said:
So, where are you getting this information from? Hmm? Looks like you're making up something you heard. Tell us how you know this "rip off" situation is real.
What I did is to install an old logitech 4000 for someone a few years ago and to install a new Logitech 4000 for other someone last month.

computer do contribue different factor to the quality of the video from the camera. the faster computer you have, the better quality it can encode from the webcam, as well as the speed available from USB port, if you use the USB HUB, it is likely to affect the quality of camera as its sharing its bandwidth with other USB devices. Final Answer.

Askjo said:
What I did is to install an old logitech 4000 for someone a few years ago and to install a new Logitech 4000 for other someone last month.

Holy scientific testing, Batman! What do you know! I had the opposite experience! I installed someone's webcam for them years ago, and then I wiped my hard drive last month and installed a brand new Logitech. It was FASTER!

Man, you're entertaining.

Yeah, NightWarrior's right -- it's all about the computer you plug it into. It doesn't matter how much faster the computer is, it's all about how it's configured to use the webcam. I bet the new install had some spyware and filesharing and slower broadband and all that jazz. Nice of you to warn us based on ONE frickin' install experience.

Thanks for playing REFUTE THAT RUMOR!

Askjo said:

Askjo, you probably have a defective LogicTech 4000. Get a new
replacement.

THAT IS STRANGE. it is because personally i have logitech 4000 webcam at home and last week i just got new logitech 4000 webcam for my work only. they are little bit different. but i dont see any " rip off" thing on new logitech 4000. i like the new ones better than the one i have at home....

what an interesting topic....

Back