Wanted: Diet Buddies

zookeeper4321

Reaction score
You don't have to weigh in or give personal info. Lets just encourage one another and share recipies. My doctor put me on a diet and I'm having a really hard time sticking to it. I've only dieted once before. Then I lost 25# and kept it off 3 yrs until I had Little G. Please help.

I do want to lose some pounds but I sometimes find going on a diet isn't fun. I love checolates and I can't live without it :giggle:

If you do have some yummy recipes to share then I wouldn't mind to try them. I don't have any diet recipes to share though.

Hey! I would be happy to join! i need a diet buddy too! I really need to :whip: my ass! hahaha.. to get back in shape!

Well, i was told that if we want to have a "flat" stomach. We have to eat ALOT of fibers and we would probably end up live in our bathroom for a while! heh! Also, i asked around how do i really cleanse my colon. Common sense (of course) is... drink H20. soo any feedback i need them also! Zookeeper! i would love to help you out and you can help me out! just support each other!

I'm doing better but I'm still not completely sticking to my diet. I'm trying to just cut the fats way back. I love things like cheese and bacon. I have walked a half hour the last 2 days. I took the kids the first day and the dog this am. They were happy about it. I just subscribed to Cooking Light so I will post some recipes when I go through them. I had good luck with that mag. before. They are better for maintenance than 1st of diet but they have taste. Hang in there guys.

zookeeper4321 said:
I'm doing better but I'm still not completely sticking to my diet. I'm trying to just cut the fats way back. I love things like cheese and bacon. I have walked a half hour the last 2 days. I took the kids the first day and the dog this am. They were happy about it. I just subscribed to Cooking Light so I will post some recipes when I go through them. I had good luck with that mag. before. They are better for maintenance than 1st of diet but they have taste. Hang in there guys.
aww! u did a GREAT job! keep up with walking for half hr everyday. dont stop! just keep going at it. if u feel u are not in mood to do that.. Think of how much u want to get back in shape! think..
i have another suggestion... what i do is post my thinnest one picture on my ref. it helps me to remind myself... everytime i want to eat something i saw my picture and say ohh ok i gotta stay strong! :)

I'm in, but...

I would like to participate, but I am unable to right now due to serious health concerns. Check back with me in a month or two, if you're still interested.

Count us in. Mayflower and I each need to lose about 40 pounds. We’re going to start a diet in a few days, as soon as I finish painting the house and have time to do some meal planning. We’re going on a diet I invented myself. It’s a quasi-vegan diet consisting almost entirely of whole grains, vegetables, legumes, small amounts of chicken and fish, and nonfat milk products. I’ve been experimenting with recipes for almost a year now, trying to figure out how to make a low fat or nonfat diet palatable. I’ve come up with several successes. One of our favorites is a vegan chili recipe that only has half a teaspoon of fat per serving. Mayflower loves the stuff, and eats it for dinner and lunch. It uses nonfat textured vegetable protein in place of ground beef, and it almost tastes like it has meat in it. But a big bowl of it only has 2 grams of fat. Unfortunately, I accidentally threw out the recipe, and I’m trying to recreate it from memory. I know all the ingredients; I just can’t remember exactly what the proportions are. I’ve also invented three killer pasta recipes that have about 4 ½ grams of fat per serving. I’ll try to post some stuff tomorrow.

Levonian show me the pasta! Italian is my favorite.

Italian Meat Loaf: 1c boiling water, 1/2c sun-dried tomatoes (no oil), 1/2c ketchup, 1c seasoned breadcrumbs, 3/4 c finely chopped onion, 3/4 c fresh basil, 1/2 c shredded sharp porvolone cheese, 2 large egg whites, 2 garlic cloves minced, 1lb ground round, cooking spray, 1/3 c ketchup.

combine boiling water and tomatoes let stand 30 mins drain and chop finely, Preheat oven to 350 degrees, coat broiler pan w/cooking spray, combine ingredients except 1/3 c ketchup, mold into loaf and put on broiler pan, spread remaining ketchup on top, bake at 350 for 1hr.

Serves 6: 294 calories, 8.7 g fat, 24.3 protein, 30.8 carb

Happy Eating!

OK—here’s one. Bear in mind that this is NOT stuff that I just ‘found’ on the Internet or pulled out of my ass. These are recipes that I’ve invented myself, and perfected through repetitive trail and error to get them just right. Two of the recipes call for 1 tablespoon of olive oil. You can cut this down to 2 teaspoons if you really want to get Spartan. Also, I cook by weight, not by volume. This is crucial to successful dieting. If you don’t have one already, go out and buy yourself a good scale such as this one that I’ve been using for 20 years. Keep it clean and well maintained and it will give you decades of good service.

Ziti with Basil, Garlic, and Sundried Tomato

6 ounces ziti
½ ounce of diced sun dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon parmesan
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon butter flavor
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon of sea salt
4 ounces of small shrimp (optional)

Cook ziti for nine minutes, drain, and return to pot.
Add everything else, toss thoroughly, and keep warm until ready to serve.

Serves two.

Note: butter flavor is a powder which is sold under trade names such as Butter Buddies and Molly McButter.

Yogurt—Learn It, Love It, Live It.

Buy a yogurt maker and learn the joys of yogurt. You can make yogurt at home for about one-fourth the cost in the supermarket. You can do all sorts of things with the stuff. You can eat it plain for lunch. You can make pasta and salad dressings out of it. It is ubiquitous in Indian cooking, which is a wonderful way to enjoy low fat and nonfat cooking. It can be used to make nonfat dressings for fish tacos—the list is endless. Here’s how to make a thick, custard like yogurt like you find in the store:

1 quart 1% milk
⅓ cup nonfat dry milk
1 teaspoon pectin
½ cup yogurt starter

Microwave milk in a 2 quart bowl for 2 minutes on high.
Add powdered milk and stir until powder is thoroughly wetted. Set aside in refrigerator overnight.
Add pectin, microwave on high for 6 minutes, stir again thoroughly, and allow to cool to lukewarm.
Pour into yogurt maker.
Add ½ cup starter, and process for 8 hours.

Note: If you can find it, Byblos brand makes the best starter.

I think I might convert to the church of the FSM.

Jalapeno Corn Bread

1t veg oil, cooking spray, 1 1/4c flour, 1 1/4c yl cornmeal, 2T sugar, 1T baking powder, 1t salt, 1t cumin, 1c fat free milk, 1/2 chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 c minced seeded jalapeno peppers, 3T margarine melted, 2T fresh cilantro, 2 Lg eggs beaten, 7 oz canned corn drained.

Preheat oven to 425, coat oven proof skillet with oil and spray, place pan in oven for 7min, combine flour thru cumin, in bowl, combine milk and remaining ingredients in another bowl, add to corn meal mixture, stir just until moist, pour into preheated pan and cook 25 mins.

Serves 12, 174 calories, 4.9 g fat, 4.9 protein, 28.1 carbs

I have eaten a regular version of this for years and I think this is just as good.

Oh yeah—there’s something I forgot to mention about making yogurt. You’ll notice that I specified 1% milk instead of nonfat. This is because nonfat milk makes thin, watery yogurt and there doesn’t seem to be any way around this. For some reason that I don’t understand, the small amount of fat in 1% milk makes all the difference in the world in terms of consistency of the final product. If you really wanted to, you COULD use nonfat milk to make yogurt—but the results are disappointing at best.

I'm still walking everyday, but the food has been harder since I'm going thru a divorce. I stress eat. Although, some days I'm to nausious to eat. I've lost 5lb so far.

Chicken Tikka

1 cup 1% yogurt.

1 tablespoon garlic/ginger paste

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon lime juice

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground turmeric

1 teaspoon garam masala

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

½ teaspoon ground cumin

½ teaspoon ground coriander seeds

3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Mix the marinade in a 1 quart bowl with a wire whisk.

Cut each chicken breast into eight pieces—one cut lengthwise, and three cuts widthwise.

Marinate overnight.

Distribute pieces evenly among six skewers

Broil on high for seven minutes about 8 inches from the element, turn over, and broil for another four minutes. If it burns a liitle that's OK, but keep an eagle eye on it to make sure you don't wind up with charcoal briquettes.

Note: you can usually find garlic/ginger paste at an Indian grocery store. If you can’t, just use half a tablespoon of garlic paste and half a tablespoon of ginger paste.

One mistake everybody makes while dieting is cutting back on fats.

Well, that's the worst mistake to make because why cut back on fats when we need essential fatty acids and good fats? Why does everybody eat low-fat products yet eat seafood because they need the fat??

What about traditional fats like coconut oil, etc? Coconut oil actually does help you to LOSE weight!
Read about it at: www.WestonAPrice.org
(they also have chapters all over the world)

We also NEED fats for our body to digest protein, so whenever I see protein shakes with low fats, or no fats I just laugh.

When food has no fats, is usually tasteless because the fats give the flavour and fills you up - and the food has more carbs and that is specifically WHY so many people are obese and the food industry wants people to eat more right?
Corporations still put additives and flavorings in foods right?

And diets? Well I mean that whole word is absolutely a farce.

Toxins in the body are collected in the fat in your body, so if you are obese and cannot get rid of the fat no matter what it's usually because you either not burning the fat, (walking on a rebounder strengthens the core muslces in your body, and energizes all the cells in the body and is the greatest exercise for your lympth system)..........

You need to DETOX INSTEAD OF DIET. Everybody nowadays should detox 4 times a year especially if your older. North Americans really don't know all too much about Detox, I mean look at how we eat - wonder why Mediterrerean's live longer? They eat more raw food, good oils, more fruits and seafood, nuts and foods the human body needs and requires for life!

North American's? We're all no fats, more carbs! Wonder why we're a sick bunch? North America is built on a faulty health system and it will fail.

A good detox formula I've done myself twice which is absolutely remarkable you buy is most major health food stores and it's called the "Elderberry Concentrate 10 day deep cleanse", and you may eat if you want to but just fruits and greens and herbal teas, but a detox gets rid of the toxins that are collected in your fat, so if you take this product you do actually lose 10 lbs in 10 days, but don't just go continuing your normal junk eating after, because people need the nutrients in organic raw foods to be more vital.

Because of the soil today you would need to eat nine carrots today to get the same nutrition a carrot as one carrot had back in the 1950's.

Man has over the last 50/60 years created so many chemicals. Even the chemicals that are banned in North American are used still in third world countries but we have the same sky, and a lot of our food comes from those countries.

There is absolutely no living breathing thing alive today that has all these dangerous toxins in our bodies and that is specifically WHY cancer is so prominent today!

A good book to read about Detox, is by Dr. Sherry A. Rogers, MD, called:
"Detox or Die".

And the rebounders are the best treadmills and 99% cheaper.......works more core muscles than any other useful product, but it's a good idea to get a muscle ball with this becasue you want to work your arms. If you have no money, go to Sear and their price is $55.00. Google Urban Rebounder their prices are reasonable, without paying an arm and a leg, and it isn't made with springs so it's better, you don't even need to jump high on these things and it's the best exercise for the lympth system.

Another good way to detox is drinking Bentonite every morning which is clay that you mix with water.......and there are different types but if you drink Bentonite which is really cheap you do need to take fibre to help the toxins go through the digestive tract to be excreted from your body.

But all in all, I'd say the rebounder is the smartest investment to make because it burns the fat (toxins' being disintegrated and naturally eliminated form the body) and it's 99% cheaper and so much more better than a threadmill.

Read the book "Detox or Die", by Sherry A. Rogers, M.D.

Diets are a farce, and you need fats to be able to digest proteins which are the building blocks of the body! Bali Sun if you can find that is better than the coconut oil offered through mercola.com. I'am extremely fussy with coconut oil, but Bali Sun is so pure and fresh, I wouldn't recommend the omeganutrition brand or anything else because a lot of the times brands have a unusual taste but the Bali Sun Coconut Oil is so pure.

And the best way to make salads? With a sauce that's sweet, sour, salty and spicy! It's de-licious! I usually just add in olive oil, garlic, juice from a organic lemon with rinds chopped up, sometimes honey, and always add Celtic Salt.

Salt is dangerous for the body? well yeah if your taking table salt!

Celtic Sea Salt is not dangerous for the body, but your body requires and needs salt...........just google "Celtic Sea Salt", you can request a magazine and there'll send you a few small samples. You get it in Organic Stores, and it's expensive but after using Celtic Salt you will cringe at the taste of regular table salt, I still do I just hate table salt it's disguising and taste so bad.

Celtic Sea Salt has 84 essential minerals the body needs. Animals in the wild will even risk their lives to get salt, and Celtic Sea Salt is also great for pets.

Once your pet stops drinking the water with a bit of Sea Salt there'll just go back to drinking water when they've had enough (You can also read about that maybe at Shirley's Wellness Site, or the Celtic Sea Salt site).

The tastiest and best water you will ever drink, that's also a good electrolyte balance drink is water with Celtic Sea Salt and I throw in a few slices of organic lemons in the bottle. This is good for the digestive system too.

Another thing that's good for the digestive system is an ancient Far-East drink called Kombucha, and it's a fermented drink made with sugar, green and black tea which people make using a scoby which is a type of mushroom. I don't know how to make it myself but it tastes like beer without the alcohol, but it does have a slight amount of alcohol just a bit. So if beer and wine is so good for the health, but people turn corny and cause problems drink Kombucha instead!

Also the organic eggs have more saturated fats than store-brought eggs. I try to eat three a day with coconut oil and Celtic Salt. Fats help to digest the protein right?

Saturated fats you'll read about when you google Coconut Oil, it's the unhealty fats marketed today by corporations that harm the thyroid gland and cause metabolic disorders like Canola Oil. They do have lots of lawyers right?
Organic eggs are better, soft boiled!

If your vegetarian you really need lots of protein because if your upper generations ate processed junk and your out of shape you may automacally come down with candida - a yeast overgrowth which men and woman have and that is the number one basis of all diseases!

Last edited:
That Jalepeno Corn Bread sound sooooooooo good!

I love hot stuff!

I should pick up some sourdough bread next weekend, and corn bread.
Corn bread is the absolute best.

sourdough bread is also very good for the body, that's recommended by the Weston Price Organization as well.

:)

Back