Want to Stop Talking

I couldn't go 10 minutes without talking! When I'm around people and can't interrupt or say anything (eg laryngitis) I feel so frustrated and un-noticed.

I don't think anyone should have surgery to stop them talking.

I am deaf and i talk sometimes people say i do talk great but I dont agree! I cant hear myself talk and i!Want to stop talkin! Iam thinking about surgery to stop talk...do you have any advice or suggestion?
Thanks...

Back to you, Tori

I only hear some sounds but I love to talk. Reminds me of the first time I tried to talk with my hearing aids on. I was shocked to find out I cannot pronounce an "s" the way I though it should be done! But that was years ago - now I cannot hear my "s" with hearing aids...

Sometimes its the voice and not the other sounds that attracts people. Can you wisper? I cannot hear myself wisper, and is often forced to in order not to wake people up. And I cannot lipread it! Its like a blind person who still have a nice face to show off. Its appreciating being appreciated for something you cannot share in appreciating. In a way all of us have something personal others "see" that we cannot share in seeing.

I think nobody should be forced to talk! What about exercising something funny to say when you are forced to talk?? Or to sign something that hearing people can understand?

One of my classmates from my ASL class will be going for his 3rd year of no talking and this time it may become permanent. Not by any request, but due to cancer. He is having throat surgery for the 2nd time. The cancer came back. He can hear very well, but after the surgery he will not be able to speak for approximately 1 year and then there is that slim chance that he will lose his vocal chords during the surgery. They won't know until they are in there. He's going back to Canada in 2 weeks and the surgery is scheduled for May 15th or so.

Back