Want to Stop Talking

ToriGlass82

Reaction score
I am deaf and i talk sometimes people say i do talk great but I dont agree! I cant hear myself talk and i!Want to stop talkin! Iam thinking about surgery to stop talk...do you have any advice or suggestion?
Thanks...

I am deaf and i talk sometimes people say i do talk great but I dont agree! I cant hear myself talk and i!Want to stop talkin! Iam thinking about surgery to stop talk...do you have any advice or suggestion?
Thanks...

You mean have your vocal cords cut like a bad dog?

I can't imagine a doctor will agree to do that.

You might find your voice handy someday to scream for help if you are being murdered.

Ummmm.....this is strange! Don't believe any doctor would be willing to "debark" ya like a dog!...(Cut ur vocal chords). If you don't want to talk, then don't! Just sign or write....Besides, there may come a time when you might need to scream....in danger, things like that.

I talk, sign and write, my choice.

Thanks...

people say the same thing to me, but I think the only reason they brought it up because I really do talk different from them.

But other people have told me that they never knew I was deaf by the way I talk. But they have asked me where I'm from because my accent sound too different.

Thanks...

Start ASL :)

Less Talk, More Action.

Okay this is weird.... just sign and don't talk.. NOBODY will remove your vocal cords just because you do not want to talk. I talk AND sign

No way should you do that! I hate my voice too , I can't stand hearding it , it took me a long time to get use to hearding myself . You'll be really sorry later on in life if was some way to hear better and not be able to talk! And it against the law to stop a dog from barking by removing his barker in my state! Run the other away real fast if a doctor agree to cut your vocal cord!

You can learn ASL and interact with other ASL users. I dont use my voice with them but when I go out in the hearing world, I use it but it doesnt bother me as it used to. Try that?

Voices are usless in the deaf world, but useful for some reasons and the hearing world too. Dont be embarrassed if they think your talking is bad, it is their loss - they need to get used to it. I have a deaf voice, my friends got used to it - so what?

I am using my voice less and less. It's quite liberating at times and frustrating at other times.

I use my voice everyday, never stopped talking and have been totally deaf since my teens, since I interact more with hearies than I do with deafies.

I know this option will freak you out but, what about... NO TALKING? I can bet it's easier and cheaper than cutting your vocal chords :D

I learned a long time ago how not to talk during signing and just talk when it's necessary. My gf has good oral skills *ahem* and uses them when she has to ... other wise she just shuts her mouth and lets her hands do the talking...

wait a second ... that's not coming out right...
:laugh2:

I learned a long time ago how not to talk during signing and just talk when it's necessary. My gf has good oral skills *ahem* and uses them when she has to ... other wise she just shuts her mouth and lets her hands do the talking...

:slap:

hahaha lol

Back