Want to sign with me? :]

julesmiles

Reaction score
I am a beginning sign language learner, and I would love someone to practice with!

Skype works for me as a means of practicing.

I want to make sure that I am doing the signs right, and I would love to learn more. I would also love to learn more about Deaf Culture :]

Thanks guys!

:wave:

:wave: Jules. How long have you been studying? Are you learning it in a school or on your own?

:wave: welcome to AD :) enjoy fun reading on Deaf Culture forum posts

:wave: Jules. How long have you been studying? Are you learning it in a school or on your own?

I've been picking things up since I was eight (my grandmother taught me to fingerspell), but I have recently begun picking it up more.

I haven't taken any formal classes, I am teaching myself.

:]

Self teaching. I know my alphabet and refreshing on the 100 words that I once knew then forgot. I recommend lifeprint.com. I am taking lesson three... Gives me an idea for a sticky/thread. I will eventually take classes either next month or in the fall at Laguardia College.

sounds fantastic :]

well if you ever want to skype me or practice or talk or anything, let me know!
I love making friends :]

my skype name is supitsjules.

Okie doke. Add me. Im still figuring out. Lol I know how to accept, not sure about adding as yet.

iam new here aam trying to adjust to not being able to hear my aids are no good now dont no were to go from here can anyone help were do i go to learn sign

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. What you need to do is go to Community College or at a Hearing Society where they might have ASL classes you can learn. Just have to check around and probably look up in the organizational places in the yellow pages of the phone book. Learning to sign with a ASL teacher is better than trying to learn by book or online sign language. Good luck in finding ASL class.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Yea, sure no prob. I could totally help if you want me too. We could use skype to contact each other.

:dance:Hi!
How did you become interested in sign language? How long have you been signing? That's great that you have an interest.

I also would love to make friends to sign with. I am a beginner only, but i want to learn to help my son ;) I can spell sign if needed. But im slow. I have a coworker that is teaching me and we sign when we can. She has taught me SO much in just the last month.
I dont use Skype, but i do use Yahoo video chat.

Back