Want to move my Sorenson Vp-200

Mornie Atalie

Reaction score
Bad idea? Somewhat true

These powerline over Ethernet is OK as long as used as "last resort". You may experience poor video quality from time to time and/or unexpected disconnections. I have seen success and failures when using these products. What I mean is that I do see small number of users going that way without any issue while other small number of user having horrible experience. So, there is no guarantee if you will make it or not.

Often people think this device is a wireless devices, this is not true. It is not wireless, and it is using the house wiring system in substitute of Ethernet cable.

Ethernet cable is still best route for VP connection.

From what I experience, if accident unplug, it take a while to make connect again. It's like water fill as it's ready to go.

you can do it- but you won't be happy with video at times. I'd just move the wire to that room and be done with it. surely there is a way to do it neatly or hide.

I use one myself and it works fine.

But the further away the power outlets are then the more chance of having a spotty connection.

If you live in a big house then you may have some issue.

We live in a small house so we have no problem using Ethernet Powerline Adapter and we have several friends that use them too.

It can work with Netgear Powerline Adapter. Last several year ago I had used two units. one is at den room basement for computer. Other is at living room for using VP 200. VP picture was prefect. No problem.. You can try it.

I use to my Logitech powerlines

hd-powerline-200a-starter-kit-image-assets.png

work with Logitech security cameras, VP-200, PS3 and PC/laptop on all wall outlets

Back