Want help learning ASL...... I am hearing

B-Marley

Reaction score
]

Last edited:
hello,
i am from western, mass. i originally had a post up here with some words, but took it down. but i do want to learn asl yet don't know were to start cause i don't have a lot of money. i do know some asl, and i mean some.

thanks for your reply cdbicdb!

Michael

Many places offer free lessons, don't give up. I myself teach free lessons at my church here, check Libraries, churches, group homes that need volunteers and of course, Starbucks has many Deaf Chat Coffee visits established, I also am trying to establish one in Chattanooga. Check the internet for Deaf Chat Starbucks and search your area...just don't give up, it is such a beautiful language

Hello cdbicdb, Nika & Frisky Feline,
well I thank all 3 of you for your response and guidence. oh, won't ever give up, that's not my style. i've been to the aslpro site and i do have a pocket dictionary of signing(all though it's not ASL certified).

starbucks deaf chat hmmm interesting, there is a star bucks down the street from me.. i do have some deaf friends but none in within a 100 miles of my home. Nika i was just down in the dc area visiting my deaf friends and my brother/sister in law(now living in MS) for xmas. it would be great to meet you some time when i'm down there again.

No but really thank you for your help all of you. i will be visisting my brother & sister in law for super bowl weekend next month, so learning more sign would be great. also my brother will be extatic to know that i'm learning. story abt reason i don't know sign, i will tell you all a little later..

Thanks again, and anymore input you can put here or email me at gloveanalgesia@msn.com

Take Care,
Michael

Last edited:
Back