WalMart Connect ISP

Nancy

Reaction score
For the past few days, I have been trying to find out the source why WalMart Connect ISP keeps disconnecting me after a while after signing online. I checked the "Connect to" in my Start button (I have Windows XP SP2)...and checked the modem for WalMart Connect with Properties....nothing showed up. Mmmm.... :confused:
So I went online in WalMart Connect and went to Google search engine, typed in "WalMart Connect disconnect". I found a page in Downloads.com that another person had the same problem I did in this link:http://www.download.com/Wal-Mart-Connect/3640-2104-10293675.html Well, I read the replies....and guess what? I found my answer! :)
I copied and pasted this code from one of the replies: XPSP2FIX, then put in my keyword box....and then it downloaded the software for me after I clicked on a button to download.
Now it WORKS!! I have been typing this post for a minute, and before it would've disconnected me....now I am staying online. :)
I am letting you know that if you have WalMart Connect ISP (you can get a free CD at WalMart) and you have Windows XP SP2 on your computer, type in XPSP2FIX to download software so it won't disconnect you so much.

My grandma has wal mart connect ISP she has Win 98 (shitty I know) every time I 5try to brows the web it kicks me off grrrrrr.

Well, Soonersseth, now you have an opportunity to help your grandma; just do what Nancy said to resolve it for your gran.

No! Walmart is nothing but a big rollback on people's lives and they've gone that way all the way to the internet.

Walmart is no apple pie!

Richard

Deafclimber, I don't know where I've been, but obviously I got a little too busy with my chopsticks. :D

Katzie said:
Deafclimber, I don't know where I've been, but obviously I got a little too busy with my chopsticks. :D

i wud be relieved if u meant they are really for chopsticks.
:smoking: *coughing*

Keep in mind, Wal-Mart doesn't even own an ISP... They paid America Online (AOL) a lot of money to have the brand on AOL's CompuServe version and cut down on price to attract more people.

Brian said:
Keep in mind, Wal-Mart doesn't even own an ISP... They paid America Online (AOL) a lot of money to have the brand on AOL's CompuServe version and cut down on price to attract more people.

If that is so, please back up your words with more details and some linky; however, it is all rumors. I am not saying that you are wrong, but you don't have enough details to prove that you are right. I don't have the time to go around searching for imformation to prove that you are right.

Hmmmm Brian, been over 24 hours since my last post and you havent answered it yet. Come on man, back up your words, or your comments aren't true.

Oh really. I do not like the idea to hook up Wal-Mart's ISP. It is too far greedy. I don't care if it is free. It wants you to attend Wal-Mart's ads for you to go shopping.

I am not sure about Yahoo or Google mails for ISP connect access. I personally hate Yahoo because of the spams and it does NOT care to catch scammers because the company has the program to trace them, but they don't.

I never knew that Wal-Mart has Internet Provider, btw use better internet provider such as AOL, Earthlink, RoadRunner, etc.

Back